Forum: Adults / College

Page:
Page 1 of 21 2
College
I'm a Student at/an Alumni of, and you can PM me for more info! Please read before posting!
By Theresamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 34891, member since Wed May 22, 2002
On Thu Jun 09, 2011 04:01 PM

Ok, the previous version was started in 2005, so alot of people that posted in the original have no doubt long since graduated.

Posters; if you are a student at, or an alumni of a college, please post it here. Include any info you think might be relevant - experience in sororities, lived in student housing, your major, whatever.

New kids; if you are looking for advice about a certain college or major, check here to see if someone went there, and you can PM them for as long as your hearts desire.

Go!

41 Replies to I'm a Student at/an Alumni of, and you can PM me for more info! Please read before posting!

re: I'm a Student at/an Alumni of, and you can PM me for more info! Please read before posting!
By Firebirdmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 1970, member since Mon Feb 14, 2005
On Thu Jun 09, 2011 07:47 PM
Yay, first to post!

I have just finished my freshman year as a Mechanical Engineering major at Carnegie Mellon University.

I can talk about dorms, engineering, dance opportunities, or just general CMU stuff :)
re: I'm a Student at/an Alumni of, and you can PM me for more info! Please read before posting!
By Moonlitefairy06member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 7177, member since Fri Apr 16, 2004
On Thu Jun 09, 2011 08:00 PM
I graduated from Stonehill College in 2010 and am now a graduate student at Georgetown University.

Stonehill College is an Easton, MA between Boston and Providence. It's a small but growing liberal arts school. 90% of students live on campus all 4 years which I loved. I was a communications major and a health care administration minor. I also took many of the dance classes and there is a dance minor. I also participated in the dance club for 3 semesters and was on the cheerleading team for two years. While at Stonehill I also studied abroad in Florence, Italy. If you have any questions at all about Stonehill please feel free PM me.

Georgetown is a lot different then Stonehill as it's in a city and I live off campus in Arlington, Virginia. My graduate program is called Communication, Culture and Technology. While I don't know much about what its like to go to Georgetown as an undergrad or live on campus, feel free to contact me anyway.
By Claritinmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2100, member since Tue Aug 30, 2005
On Thu Jun 09, 2011 08:03 PM
I just graduated from San Francisco State University. I did a BA in psychology and was in Psi Chi, the national honor society in psychology.

I attended my entire undergrad here (a ton of people transfer in from community college) and lived in student housing for several years.
By YumYumDoughnutPremium member Comments: 8688, member since Sat Jul 10, 2004
On Thu Jun 09, 2011 08:10 PM
Hey, I am going to be transferring there in the fall!^
By HighlandSunshine Comments: 157, member since Thu Jun 21, 2007
On Thu Jun 09, 2011 08:21 PM
I am currently a BBA student at St. Francis Xavier University in Antigonish, doing a joint honours in Business and Economics.

Fell free to PM me with questions :)

HS
By iliahmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2331, member since Tue May 10, 2005
On Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:44 PM
I'm a student (soon to be alum) at UCLA, majoring in biochemistry.

...and most recently I became a member of Alpha Chi Sigma, coed professional chemistry fraternity.

:)
By ChristinePremium member Comments: 6817, member since Wed Feb 04, 2009
On Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:31 PM
I finally graduated from a 2 year college in New York, and also took classes at UNLV in Vegas.

I sent several of my children and a great deal of my money to the following colleges...

Hawaii Pacific University

Gettysburg College

Lehigh University

Champlain College, Burlington, VT

Mt. Saint Mary's, Emmitsburg, MD

Penn State

Kings College, Wilkes Barre, PA

I can't tell you much about student life, but I can tell you lots of other things! PM me any time.

Keep On Dancing*
By Meganmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 12956, member since Wed Mar 17, 2004
On Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:58 AM
I'm a University of Alberta girl and happy to answer PMs.
By sarahbalera Comments: 868, member since Wed Feb 11, 2009
On Fri Jun 10, 2011 05:51 AM
I go to Trinity college in Dublin, currently in fourth year childrens and general nursing. Happy to help anyone who needs it.
By livedance13 Comments: 154, member since Tue Sep 15, 2009
On Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:48 AM
I'm a current studying theatre production at Ryerson University in Toronto, Canada. Here theatre production, dance and acting fall into their own school as a part of Ryerson. We're a small school, averaging about 30 graduates per program every year.

The majority of first years live within the city because we are are in the heart of the city, however not everyone lives on campus. We have 3 residences in an attempt to house as many students as possible, a private underground athelic facility, clubs and teams as well as a brand new athletic facility being built.
By alwaysonmytoesmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 2895, member since Thu Aug 17, 2006
On Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:54 AM
I'm a rising sophomore at Barnard College, Columbia University in NYC! I'm also a proud member of Alpha Chi Omega (Theta Psi chapter). :D

I live(d) on campus and I've taken dance and yoga classes. I'm probably majoring in English, though this past year I really only took degree requirement classes. In the future though, I'm sure I'll have much more information on the English department and such.
By boleyngrrl Comments: 2550, member since Sat Apr 15, 2006
On Sun Jun 12, 2011 09:55 PM
I'm going to Daemen College this year as a 3+3 physical therapy program person, so you can PM me about the college or the program. I'm also trying to wheedle in an Athletic Training major, but we're still in the process of working that out.

I also have experience at the University of Akron, and I can tell you about gym/athletic training facilities, English department, and French department. I don't have too much knowledge about the rest because these are the only areas I worked in. You can PM me if you want!
By majeremember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 5889, member since Sat Sep 29, 2007
On Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:13 PM
I am an alumni of St Gregory's University, in Shawnee, Ok. BA in Dance.

The faculty will be pretty much completely different starting next school year in the Dance Department. So, I won't know how things are being run anymore.

But, if you have questions about the school, PM me.
By Iamalittlefishie Comments: 707, member since Sun Jul 02, 2006
On Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:02 AM
University of South Florida.

Engineering Department, never taken a dance class here (one Zumba class though... ;)). No sororities or anything. Lived on campus.

Ask away :)
By Merfi Comments: 3099, member since Wed Jan 18, 2006
On Mon Jun 13, 2011 06:52 PM
I'm at the University of Auckland, doing a BA/BSc in English, philosophy and ecology. I've also got a pretty good idea of how things are run in music, classics, ancient history, psychology and European languages, so flick me a PM if you have questions. I'm not in a hall of residence, but I have a lot of friends who lived at O'Rorke so I can probably clear up questions about that too.
By Amyliamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 4405, member since Fri Apr 11, 2003
On Tue Jun 14, 2011 04:59 AM
Alum of Columbia College Chicago, BA in Dance. Lived in student housing all 4 years so can definitely also answer questions about that, or the South Loop in general.
By irish_dancer_82 Comments: 545, member since Tue Feb 01, 2005
On Tue Jun 14, 2011 01:45 PM
I am an alumni of Leiden University in The Netherlands; it's our oldest uni and I am proud of that. PM me if you want to know more
By SaraTheGrouchmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 8600, member since Thu Apr 17, 2003
On Tue Jun 14, 2011 02:35 PM
I am an alumni of Louisiana State University and would be happy to answer any and all questions about LSU or Louisiana as a whole. I know a good deal about the other schools in LA, too, if those interest anyone.

I'm a pro at the transferring process, as well, lol. I've also attended the Unversity of Massachusetts at Amherst and City University of New York - Queens College.

Ask away!
By Munkensteinmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 14381, member since Mon Aug 11, 2003
On Tue Jun 14, 2011 07:58 PM
Indiana University, Bloomington.

I took some dance, but not through the school of music, which is where the ballet department everybody knows about is located.

I did an associate's in General Studies, then a bachelor's in General Studies, then finally narrowed it down to a BA in Near Eastern Language and Culture/Arabic with minors in Anthropology and Art History. I also took a bunch of Sociology classes and came up one class short of a minor there, heh.
By dancingincereal Comments: 767, member since Wed Feb 21, 2007
On Mon Jun 20, 2011 07:56 AM
I'm currently a junior at Cazenovia College in NY. I'm a Psychology major, and I have a visual communications minor. Oh, and I live on campus. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.
By charlanflingermember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1428, member since Tue May 17, 2005
On Tue Jul 05, 2011 02:29 PM
Im a senior at Brock University in St.Catharines, Ontario (about 10 minutes from Niagara Falls). My major is Applied Linguistics - Speech and Language Sciences.

Feel free to PM me if you have q's about the school or the program itself!
By reel_faerie85member has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 4130, member since Mon Mar 08, 2010
On Tue Jul 05, 2011 02:43 PM
I'm a 3rd year student at sheffield hallam university studying adult nursing. Feel free to PM me about anything nursing wise :)
By SammyAnnmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 3547, member since Sun Aug 08, 2004
On Tue Jul 05, 2011 08:38 PM
I'm a rising sophomore at Southern Methodist University in Dallas, Texas. My major is psychology. I'm also a member of the Alpha Chi Omega sorority. I can answer questions about anything - academics, the admissions process, campus life, Greek life, etc. :)
By PinUpGirlmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 25878, member since Tue Jul 16, 2002
On Mon Jul 18, 2011 03:35 PM
I'm an alumna of Agnes Scott College in Decatur, GA. I was an English major and a history minor. I lived on campus all 4 years. I can answer pretty much anything about it.
Page:
Page 1 of 21 2

ReplySendWatch