Forum: Adults / College

Page:
Page 2 of 21 2
re: I'm a Student at/an Alumni of, and you can PM me for more info! Please read before posting!
By DancingBeanermember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 2092, member since Wed Feb 02, 2005
On Mon Jul 18, 2011 03:52 PM
I am a third year student at the University of Victoria. I also know a lot about Vancouver Island University and the University of British Columbia if people have questions about them as well, and also the University of Applied Sciences in Wismar, Germany.
re: I'm a Student at/an Alumni of, and you can PM me for more info! Please read before posting!
By Panda_Bear Comments: 410, member since Tue Feb 02, 2010
On Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:08 PM
I'm a third year ( Junior) at Kwantlen Polytechnic University majoring in Geography with concentrations in GIS and Physical geography.
By yaider Comments: 42, member since Fri Dec 24, 2010
On Sat Jul 30, 2011 04:35 PM
I have graduated from McGill University in Montreal, Quebec. Am also a member of Kappa Kappa Gamma.
By ShadowArabesquer Comments: 49, member since Mon Dec 28, 2009
On Sun Feb 26, 2012 04:07 PM
I'm a current dance major at the University of North Texas in Denton, and in the fall will be a BFA at Sam Houston State University in Hunstville, Texas. Hit me up!
By Kekoamember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 8949, member since Sat Jul 19, 2003
On Sun Feb 26, 2012 05:07 PM
Junior at the University of Alabama!
By dncrmom Comments: 28, member since Thu Aug 11, 2005
On Thu Jun 14, 2012 09:55 PM
Anything know anything about AMDA?? American Music and Dance Academy, specifically out of L.A., Ca??

My daughter auditioned for there and we're just waiting to hear back from them now.

Another girl that she danced with applied and was accepted into the NY campus, but I was talking to her dad, she turned down the scholarship and decided to not go there. He said that she heard from alumni that it wasn't worth the money that they charged, that it wasn't that good there and so forth. Ashlee really liked the audition and the info given.... she also likes the idea of being going to a college that allows her to dance. But, if she could do some internships where dancing was the main thing and she would get all sorts of experience and information, then... she would love to have that too.....

Can anyone help us out here?? She's graduating HS this month, and so... any advice and help will be greatly appreciated!!!!!

Thanks all
By PacificNWDancer Comments: 86, member since Thu Aug 10, 2006
On Wed Jul 18, 2012 08:24 PM
I am an Alumna of Cornish College of the Arts, Seattle WA. I graduated with a BFA in Dance in 2003.

Cornish has an excellent dance program and I'd be happy to answer PM's or posts with any questions related to the program.

I'm impressed with the amount of interest in my Alma from dancers - I've met many in my hometown that have auditioned. Apparently their standards have really risen as I have known a few very advanced/talented students from here that have auditioned and not been accepted. Apparently they saw something in me?

Anyway, anyone interested in info is welcome to ask away! : )
By RibenaRockstar Comments: 426, member since Tue Mar 09, 2010
On Wed Nov 21, 2012 08:29 PM
I'm a student at the University of Bath in the UK.
I study Politics with Economics, and I'm also taking German. Extra-curricularly I ski and I've just started trampolining. I'm also on the next University Challenge team (Brits will know what this is) and I do music and write for the SU newspaper.

I live on campus this year (as do most first-years) and will live in town after that.

This year the Sunday Times ranked us 3rd in the country - so above everyone but Oxford & Cambridge.
By funkiejmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1490, member since Mon Sep 09, 2002
On Fri Nov 23, 2012 05:14 PM
I graduated undergrad with a BA in Anthropology from Auburn University in Alabama, but I spent two years at Randolph-Macon Women's College in Lynchburg, VA which is now known as Randolph College and is coed. I took part in all parts of the dance program at these colleges.

I took undergrad courses at Huntingdon College, Auburn U in Montgomery, Troy State University (now Troy University), and at the Boston Conservatory.

I graduated last December with a Master's in Education from Old Dominion University in Norfolk, VA.

would love to help someone decide--feel free to PM! :)
By Chaconnemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 6359, member since Thu Jul 12, 2007
On Fri Nov 23, 2012 06:14 PM
BA English-French University of Wisconsin (but some time ago)
Master of Liberal Arts (major History, emphasis Middle East History) The Johns Hopkins University.

Also courses in Spanish, U of Maryland
Photography, Montgomery College (MD)

Jon
By GannTheGloriousmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 457, member since Tue Aug 28, 2012
On Wed Dec 12, 2012 03:24 AM
I graduated from Hampshire College in 2011, studied microbiology with a special focus on food microbio/fermentation. It's a small school, and an odd one, so I'd love to chat with anyone who has questions.
By AnRinceoirRuamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 175, member since Mon Dec 20, 2010
On Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:52 AM
I'm a junior at Green Mountain College, a tiny environmental liberal arts school in Poultney, Vermont, USA. My major is Sustainable Agriculture & Food Production.

My school is in the Eco League, along with College of the Atlantic in Maine, Northland College in Wisconsin, Prescott College in Arizona, and Alaska Pacific University. I can answer questions about the League and institutions. I'm also familiar with programs and schools similar to my own, such as Warren Wilson College in North Carolina.
By dancerxiv Comments: 113, member since Thu May 10, 2012
On Fri Jan 25, 2013 04:14 PM
Graduated from Randolph Macon Woman's College in Lynchburg, VA... Now name changed to Randolph College, and also did a semester at Belhaven College in MS. Dance major at both locations.
By Cadbury_Eatermember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 7575, member since Sat Jan 04, 2003
On Fri Oct 10, 2014 05:56 AM
I'm a University of Sydney student, my major is Geography. I was converted from Biology/Molecular Genetics by the awesome field work and opportunities. I love human geography but love GIS work on hazards!

I live on campus and heavily involved on campus so can answer questions about Science and campus life, overseas study, scholarships etc.
By Panda_Bear Comments: 410, member since Tue Feb 02, 2010
On Fri Oct 10, 2014 03:49 PM
Currently in the BEd program at the University of British Columbia in the Elementary Education program.
By Gavrilushka Comments: 872, member since Wed Jul 11, 2012
On Fri Oct 10, 2014 06:16 PM
I'm a student of the University of New South Wales. Doing a Bachelor of Arts (Teaching) with a double major in Dance Studies and Linguistics. My husband is doing a double degree, Bachelor of Advanced Mathematics/Chemical Engineering so I can answer any questions to do with those. I also did units in psychology and German. Also an Honors hopeful and a research assistant.
By SarahdncrPremium member Comments: 634, member since Wed Jul 29, 2009
On Sat Oct 11, 2014 07:45 AM
Well, I am not new, nor am I a kid, but what the heck....

I am an Alum of the following:

School of Hard Knocks.......O.k., just kidding. :>)

State University of New York (SUNY) College at Geneseo {Geneseo, NY}: BA in Political Science.

----You can get a dance minor there.

---Funny side note: I applied to (and actually got accepted) to SUNY Purchase also, but decided not to attend college there. It would not have mattered anyway as I had not discovered my interest in ballet at that point in my life yet

New School For Social Research/New School University (NYC, NY} MS in Healthcare Services Administration and Policy.

----Up until a few years ago, they had an affiliation program with the Joffrey Ballet where a person who was on full scholarship at the Joffrey's Professional School could get their academics at the New School and come out with a New School BFA in Dance Performance. Very similar to the well known Fordham U/NYCB BFA program.

Air Force Institute of Technology (Dayton OH): MS in Construction Engineering Management

I didn't start dancing until after I had my BA. Most of my free time/hobbies at school were spent doing work in emergency services. Happy to speak (PM) with anyone on any of these schools, esp. my undergrad school (Geneseo) and AFIT.
Page:
Page 2 of 21 2

ReplySendWatch