Forum: Highland / Highland - Adult Dancers

Moving on up!
By kinsidhe
On Mon Jun 13, 2011 09:06 AM

I'm excited! I just received my last stamp for Beginners and am moving up to Novice! So weird! It was just about this time last year I was only toying with the idea of competing and hadn't even quite learned the fling yet.

Now if I could just get the Strathspey and Reel down...I'm nearly there!...nearly....I'm still dancing Strathspey and Duck! eek!

18 Replies to Moving on up!

re: Moving on up!
By TamrasMom
On Mon Jun 13, 2011 09:19 AM
Congratulations Kinsidhe! I moved up to Novice after the February competition in February and competed in my first Novice competition in Ottawa in early May and achieved my first stamp. My next competition isn't until Interprov in Antigonish! Unfortunately, I've been suffering from such stiff calf muscles lately and have my medal exams this coming Friday that I'm worried about re-injuring myself (torn calf muscle last year at this time). This type of dancing certainly is hard on older bodies!

Good luck with all your Novice competitions!

Slainte,
By hilndmom
On Mon Jun 13, 2011 09:28 AM
You are so inspiring... I don't think I have it in me... starting soccer in my 40's was/is just about enough!

Congratulations!
cheers,
By tavcandancePremium member
On Mon Jun 13, 2011 09:34 AM
Congrats, I wish I had the nerve to start dancing again!! Good luck in Novice, you will be great!

Good luck at SDCCS TamrasMom, we'll cheer you on. :)
By zig
On Mon Jun 13, 2011 09:45 AM
Wow, congrats on your acheivement! I am also an adult dancer and will be in NS for SDCCS also, cannot wait!
By TamrasMom
On Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:03 AM
Looking forward to meeting you there Zig!
By kinsidhe
On Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:55 AM
Thanks all!

TamrasMom! congratulations to you as well for getting your first Novice Stamp in your first comp out! I hope I manage to do as well!

hilndmom-thanks so much for your kind words. personally I dont think I could manage soccer! you have my admiration for going out for that sport-it's not easy!

Tavcandance-your well wishes are gratefully received. perhaps one day you will dance again? the more the merrier! We have one gentleman in our school who did his first competition and he is 60+

Hi Zig! congrats to you as well. I hope good things for you at SDCCS!

"AndOvers rock!"
By zig
On Mon Jun 13, 2011 01:44 PM
Just curious what events are all you 'and overs' entered in and in what levels for NS?
By TamrasMom
On Mon Jun 13, 2011 02:40 PM
Novice Highlands: Highland Fling (4), Sword (2+1), Sean Tribhaus (3&1)
Novice Nationals: Trophy Highland Fling (4), Scottish Lilt (4), Flora MacDonald`s Fancy (4)

Competition is on two separate days (thank Goodness!).
By GhillieMcInnes
On Mon Jun 13, 2011 03:34 PM
Woohoo! Andovers rule!
By GaelicWannabe
On Mon Jun 13, 2011 03:40 PM
Yay, I'll be competing in Novice in Antigonish too. So excited to not be the oldest in my group by 13-15 years for once!
By alicatunh
On Mon Jun 13, 2011 06:54 PM
Kinsidhe - on to novice!? Ah, I will miss having a fellow adult beginner! Congrats though! You danced great this weekend!

Will I be seeing you at Round Hill? I am planning on going to Round Hill, Glasglow Lands, maybe Quechee VT and then definitely the NH Games.
By TamrasMom
On Mon Jun 13, 2011 07:49 PM
Haha GaelicWannabe! That may leave me older than anyone in Novice by 13 or 15 years, but if you weren't there, it would be closer to 30 years older probably!

Looking forward to it if my legs hold out!
By kinsidhe
On Tue Jun 14, 2011 07:48 AM
Alicatuhn-You keep on the way you are going and we'll be competing side by side again in no time! ( and I'll be working hard to keep up with you again!) How many more do you have to go before you move up?

yep heading to Roundhill so I will see you there!
By alicatunh
On Tue Jun 14, 2011 07:10 PM
I have 3 more - I'll probably aim to be novice in the fall in time for VT?

I just got home from class and was working on the Flora - ick! Good luck with that, so many half points!
By MoMontreal
On Wed Jun 15, 2011 08:02 AM
Wow, I'm one stamp away from moving to Novice from Beginner, but I haven't been able to compete for a couple of months. I completely unerstand the injury thing...bing an adult dancer and an adult soccer player. I injured my knee playing soccer on monther's day weekend and haven't been able to dance until recently. I'm hoping to be ready for Antigonish!

See you all there.
By DancingDVM
On Fri Jun 17, 2011 05:55 AM
I am so happy for you. Sorry I couldn't be there to see it but I am definitely proud to dance with you. :)
By Dance4the1
On Fri Aug 12, 2011 05:48 PM
Congrats! It's always exciting to know that you're moving up.Good luck learning the strathpey, it's a lot of fun :)

Comment #9740104 deleted

ReplySendWatch