Forum: Advice / Girls Only PG-13

Page:
Page 2 of 2: 1 2
re: Colposcopy and biopsy
By Claritinmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Thu Aug 04, 2011 09:40 PM
I think the issue is more that they don't actually run the test at this clinic. At least that was the impression I got. It's a free clinic for low-income women paid for by the state, so I think it's probably an issue of cost and they don't want to run the HPV typing test unless it's absolutely necessary. I suppose I could ask to see if they will do it for me, but I'm pretty sure they won't. (That's basically what some of the literature they gave me said.)

I was definitely hoping that they would just monitor me with pap smears at least for a year or so before wanting to do another colposcopy. (The whole thing was a pain for a number of reasons, not the least of which being the fact that I was there for three hours when the actual procedure took about 20 minutes.) If my next pap smear is abnormal, I think I'll talk to them about my options. This was also why I was thinking about getting a second opinion. I don't know if it's just this clinic that does it this way or my area or if it's just the most common/best thing to do in my situation so I'd like to put my feelers out and see what another clinic has to say about it. Obviously if they both tell me the same thing I'm not going to put up a fight or anything but I think it would be nice to at least ease my concern about whether or not another colposcopy is really necessary.

Sorry to hear that they are still coming back abnormal for you. Hopefully we'll both get good news at our next appointments!
By dancemomtoo
On Fri Aug 05, 2011 01:28 PM
Sorry to hear you are stressed-its say fr me to say but don't stress out. I had same thing you had-mildly abnormal (dr said it would even be normal for some women but it was outside my historical range)-went back in 6 months-still mildly abnormal. had cryotherapy (?)-where they simply freeze abnormal cells off-took 15 minutes totes. Had one more abnormal in 6 months (dr said it would be at end of cryro bc it can take a while to 'calm down.' Normal ever since-25 years on

Try not to worry-hugs
By dkbtjbp
On Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:38 PM
Thanks! Yes hopefully we will get good news. I am not sure where you live, but I do know that the hospital in america has to treat you. regardless of what you can pay. Again you will have to wait as it is not an emergency but they may be able to give you to more detailed info. I believe planned parenthood does the test too. if you are looking for second opinions that aren't crazy expensive. Maybe somewhere is similar if you dont live in the states. If you ever want to pm or anything feel free.
Page:
Page 2 of 2: 1 2

ReplySendWatch