Poll: Advice / Beauty

Page:
Page 1 of 31 2 3
Your hair is naturally...
By Cadbury_Eatermember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 7575, member since Sat Jan 04, 2003
On Fri Jun 24, 2011 08:52 PM

My hair used to be almost straight when I was younger, but nowadays, it's very curly!

61 Replies to Your hair is naturally...

re: Your hair is naturally...
By CheesePlusCakemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 10210, member since Mon Jun 30, 2003
On Fri Jun 24, 2011 09:01 PM
My hair's the same, it was straight when I was little but now it's curly!
By toroandbruinmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 3627, member since Fri Oct 10, 2008
On Fri Jun 24, 2011 09:21 PM
My hair has always been dead straight. In addition, it's fine (each strand has a very small diameter) and thin (there's not much of it). So it's always been easy to see my scalp through it and hard to not look like I'm going bald. When I was young I tried permanents to give it some curl and bulk, but they made the hair break and didn't help much. I've also tried bleaching the hair lighter so that the scalp isn't so obvious under it, and that has been more successful. But even a mild bleach/toner is hard on it. I had thought that by now it would be white so that I could quit the bleaching but nature has not cooperated. Even so, over the current year I am hoping to go from a golden blonde to more of a silver blonde with maybe some strategic highlighting/streaking to keep parts of it lighter.
By alwaysonmytoesmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 2895, member since Thu Aug 17, 2006
On Sat Jun 25, 2011 02:27 AM
My hair was curly until I got it cut for the very first time, then straight probably until I hit puberty. I think it started getting wavy around the time I was in 5th grade? Anyway, it's super wavy now. As you can see. :P
By chrispbinmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2188, member since Sat May 06, 2006
On Sat Jun 25, 2011 04:10 AM
I picked wavy but it's actually bendy. Mostly I have the wave/bend cut out. I have super thick hair and each strand is quite coarse. I'm more than 90% grey and it's getting thicker as it gets greyer.

Some of the strands look like they've been spiral permed, they're so bendy.
By PattyPremium member Comments: 916, member since Wed Jul 12, 2006
On Sat Jun 25, 2011 04:25 AM
Mine is straight with one kink in it. It doesn't matter how long my hair is, it only gets the one kink. And it isn't in the same place because my hair doesn't part in the middle. It doesn't hold a curl either so my only option is to straighten it all the time.
By RAID_Babemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 5215, member since Thu Feb 18, 2010
On Sat Jun 25, 2011 04:30 AM
Edited by RAID_Babe (220382) on 2011-06-25 04:36:31
Until I was 5, my hair was dead straight. Look at me now and you wouldn't be able to tell. At the moment, it's quite curly, but when it has been layered and cut shorter, it springs into super tight curls.

For dancing competitions I have to wear a wig, and I get the same question every time... "why don't you just wear your hair naturally?" Haha.
By MarlaSingermember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 3906, member since Fri Jul 25, 2008
On Sat Jun 25, 2011 06:17 AM
I always used to think my hair was straight but frizzy, with maybe just a slight bend, but now that I'm growing it out for my wedding, it seems to be wavier than I remember it being in the past. It's very easy to bring out a natural wave in it with just a bit of curl enhancing cream, and sometimes I get some waves even just letting it dry naturally.

I don't know who this woman is, but my natural hair looks a lot like this:

Image hotlink - 'http://www.marieclaire.com/cm/realbeauty/images/73/rb-short-wavy-hair-16-0809-de.jpg'

Also, I can't vote in the poll, because every time I click "vote," my antivirus program tells me it's a dangerous webpage. :?
By Orionmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 2706, member since Sun Feb 24, 2008
On Sat Jun 25, 2011 01:43 PM
I fail at finding a decent picture, but my hair is wavy. It was straight pretty much through elementary school, and then in middle school it just got frizzy and puffy and awkward. I straightened it through most of high school. Now that it's grown out (below bra strap length!), it's a nice texture that's wavy if I let it air dry without touching it, or fairly straight if I brush it out first.
By TheStoryTellermember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2238, member since Mon May 19, 2008
On Sat Jun 25, 2011 06:00 PM
My hair is straight up until roughly the bottom of my ears, and then it starts to get a bit wavy until it stops about an inch below my shoulders. So I picked other. My hair is gross naturally. I dislike it and usually put it up/straighten it, leaning more towards putting it in a bun these days though.
By Sumayah Comments: 6875, member since Wed Nov 12, 2008
On Sat Jun 25, 2011 06:26 PM
Other. Straight for the top layers. Wavy for the middle layers. Ringlets on the bottom. *sigh* I'd be happy if it would just pick one and go with it.
By CaffeinePremium member Comments: 3194, member since Wed Aug 08, 2007
On Sat Jun 25, 2011 07:09 PM
Curly. Not super curly, but more than wavy.

It was a mass of white-blonde ringlets when I was tiny, grew straight as a teen, and is now back to curls again.

It's also THICK - coarse strands and lots of them, which makes it dreadfully heavy (and hot in warm weather).

I've always envied the people with sleek, super-straight hair. Sure, I can get away with the bedhead look, but sleek, straight, shiny hair can look so much more elegant.
By DancingBeanermember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 2092, member since Wed Feb 02, 2005
On Sat Jun 25, 2011 07:17 PM
I like to call my hair "kinked". It is only ever kinked in one spot, no matter if I didn't even have my hair up at all. So because of this it is necessary for me to straighten it or curl it so I don't look like a fool!
By rubyslippers132 Comments: 12, member since Fri Jun 24, 2011
On Sun Jun 26, 2011 03:11 AM
I envy you people with manageable straight/semi-straight hair. My hair is very long, very thick and curly! I've considered getting it cut shorter so many times, but I'm kind of attached to the length. Also, I'm very scared of what state it might end up in when short- I have a feeling that it will unleash the frizzies!
By Ladanse Comments: 330, member since Mon Jan 11, 2010
On Sun Jun 26, 2011 07:04 AM
Nowadays my hair is quite thick and curly. I don't mind curly hair, but it is such a hassle to get it to look nice without straightening it. My hair used to be wavy with a bit of curl, but now its definitely gotten curlier :)
By CaitDestinymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2541, member since Fri Dec 21, 2007
On Sun Jun 26, 2011 09:42 AM
I haven't let my hair dry naturally in ages, but I remember it always being straight but really poofy and I hated it with a passion. Now, I always blow dry my hair straight.
By CaitDestinymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2541, member since Fri Dec 21, 2007
On Sun Jun 26, 2011 05:32 PM
just thinking about this thread I did a little test and let my hair dry naturally for the first time in ages.

First- natural hair.
My layers tend to flip out a little bit but it's mostly straight.

Second- straight hair with a straightening iron. Which this is usually how I wear my hair or blow dry it straight.

Third- Wavy hair
By yeahyeahyeahmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 28, member since Thu Jun 23, 2011
On Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:32 AM
dead straight. it's awful!
By Euphoriamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 1909, member since Mon Dec 05, 2005
On Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:51 AM
I have the straightest hair in the world. Trying to put a curl or wave in my hair is a complete waste of time as it falls out within a couple of hours.

I have fine hair but shed loads of it which is probably why it doesnt hold a curl, its too fine and too heavy.

Never mind, at least I can get away with washing and not having to bother with straighteners or blow drying if I don't feel like it!
By xBallet_babex Comments: 1300, member since Thu Jul 17, 2008
On Tue Jun 28, 2011 09:41 PM
Euphoria, my hair is exactly the same. We even teased it up and used a TON of hairspray once when I had a performance and it was flat within like an hour. I've just given up, but like you, I'm glad I don't have to spend time and use a bunch of heat to get my hair straight. When I need to straighten it to get a kink out, it takes like 3 seconds on a super low setting.
By Brittanymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 15182, member since Thu Aug 22, 2002
On Wed Jun 29, 2011 08:39 AM
All of the above but if I had to classify the most of it I'd say it's wavy.

If I let my hair dry naturally, the bottom will probably have a few curls (like curly q curls), the middle will be wavy and pouffy, and the top will be straight. Quite annoying, actually.
By Ellen_Eliz Comments: 1090, member since Sun May 01, 2005
On Wed Jun 29, 2011 01:46 PM
I used to have stick-straight hair that wouldn't hold a curl. Then I hit puberty. Now my hair is crazy-curly!
By Puss_in_Bootsmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 4517, member since Mon Jun 03, 2002
On Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:42 PM
Mine ranges from wavy-verging-on-curly to ringlets and frizz, depending on the length of hair, the way I wash it, the way it dries, the humidity, and what sort of mood it's in. (Not even kidding; this mop on my head has a mind of its own!)

I had angelic ringlets all over my head when I was little. Once I got to about 7 it started going frizzy, and it took me years and years and years to figure out to just get it cut in layers, go super moisturising with the shampoo and conditioner, and just leave it the heck alone after washing. Sometimes it drives me crazy but sometimes it actually sits quite nicely.
By iPenguin Comments: 8, member since Wed Jul 20, 2011
On Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:21 AM
My hair is wavy/curly, depends on the humidity, LOL.

It's also frizzy on really humid days, which is why I love spray on hair gel...
By Crazy_Clairemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 5653, member since Wed Jan 26, 2005
On Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:56 AM
Edited by Crazy_Claire (120567) on 2011-07-30 11:56:35

My hair is thick, wavy and unruly. When I was younger it was definitely straighter, but it has always been able to hold a curl really well - which was pretty handy back in the days before wigs in Irish Dancing. The curls would last days after the event, so I often went to school with it still curly.

I used to straighten it, but if I did, by the time I got out of the house you couldn't tell I'd actually bothered! So most of the time now I just wear it all unruly and crazy, as you can see from the picture! haha.

Claire.
Page:
Page 1 of 31 2 3

ReplySendWatch