Forum: Advice / Guys Only PG-13

Guys Only PG-13
This site has become worthless!
By BarreTalk Comments: 34, member since Wed Sep 25, 2002
On Thu Jul 07, 2011 09:41 AM

It's been awhile since I checked in at dance.net, but looking at the forum today it's obvious I haven't missed much.

No new posts since February, with top topics discussed:
unibutts
relieving yourself
PMS
talkative women
tampons

What does any of that have to do with dance, or men who dance? Maybe some moderator intervention is in order? Or is dance.net going to become another sleezy site you just avoid?

4 Replies to This site has become worthless!

re: This site has become worthless!
By Sumayah Comments: 6876, member since Wed Nov 12, 2008
On Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:04 AM
I am a moderator and I'm at odds as to whether to move this thread to the "Tell dance.net" forum, but I realize your commentary is not for the whole of dance.net, but for the guys only boards.

Unfortunately, in the specific male or female related forums, only those of that sex are able to reply (I'm using my magic mod powers to post this) and that dovetails the conversations to subjects and issues unique to that sex. You are not the first male to complain about the lack of activity on the guys only boards and my suggestion to the last guy was to post about topics you want discussed.

The posts by Panic were in direct response to some extremely sexist posts in the Girls Only forum. Out of context on the men's board I can see why you'd raise an eyebrow, but at the time they were similarly titled to posts on the girls only board. I know it made the women of ddn annoyed because they couldn't post back in defense, but I think that was the point in that the girls side was saying some things that were due rebuttal but as he isn't allowed to post in those forums...

So my advice to you is to post topics that you would like to see delved into. Whether it's working technique on your double tour on the men's ballet board or wanting male input on relationship issues on the guys only board, post what you would like to see talked about - the boards are only as good as what it's members choose to discuss.
By dangslowmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 3641, member since Mon Jul 07, 2003
On Sat Aug 20, 2011 08:28 PM
Can someone send me that pic of the rabbit and the pancake?
By panicmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 11592, member since Thu Dec 16, 2004
On Sun Sep 18, 2011 02:28 AM
OMG, I can't believe it took me so long to find this!! Your wish is my command (a month later, but whatevs)

Image hotlink - 'http://fortheloveofcookies.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/rabbit_pancake.gif'

oh, and ps - I agree this forum is a joke. Not a "ha ha" joke either. More of a "pfffffft" joke.
By tightanic Comments: 14, member since Mon Oct 24, 2011
On Mon Oct 24, 2011 01:41 PM
This site is not worthless, as recently it has helped me substantially in all the different grey areas of male ballet and i don’t know what i would have of done without the range of in depth use full answers from a variety of different people and sources

Tightanic

ReplySendWatch