Forum: Advice / Girls & Guys

This is silly..but a guy is losing interest in me and it's making me sad ):
By kaymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Fri Jul 15, 2011 05:57 AM

I hope I don't come across as a crazy lovesick teenager..I'll try not to sound like that, haha, but I'm feeling kind of bummed because this boy that liked me a lot is slowly fading away and is losing interest in me. In the last month, we got REALLY close through facebook chats and texts messages, he would get online and we would literally chat for hours every night and he would text me good night with a really sweet message. At that time, I wasn't sure how I felt about him because he had a reputation of being the 'rebel/bad guy' type and I am just about the most vanilla nice girl you can imagine. He made it clear that he liked me a lot, and I always left it kind of hanging because I was unsure about my own feelings. Plus, we both knew it could never work out because he is going to a different country for college. But yeah, we went through a phase of him sneaking me out of my house and going driving in the middle of the night, taking me to hookah, things like that that I never thought I'd do. I guess it was...exciting? Now that I have grown really attached to him, and am liking him, he seems more distant and the sizzle is definitely gone. It just makes me really sad...like maybe it was something I did, or I'm not pretty enough, I don't know...insecurities are starting to rise. I wish the spark was back now that I have feelings for him, but unfortunately it's gone and I think I missed my shot. Maybe it was like a summer fling that I am supposed to forget about, but now that I have an emotional attachment to him, it hurts a little bit more.
Any advice? Not really sure what I'm looking for, I'm just sad about this whole thing. I know it can't be helped, maybe it just wasn't meant to be, but I can't help feeling sad about drifting apart from him, you know? :(

2 Replies to This is silly..but a guy is losing interest in me and it's making me sad ):

re: This is silly..but a guy is losing interest in me and it's making me sad ):
By DancingBeanermember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Fri Jul 15, 2011 02:45 PM
Unfortunately stuff like this happens all the time. It has happened to me a few times too, and to this day I really don't know why the interest just faded away. If you feel brave enough you could try asking him. I have gotten to know a few guys like this, where we have fun exciting adventures together and spend some intimate time getting to know one another, and then *poof* they don't seem interested anymore and it just leaves me floored about what happened. Maybe the guy feels after awhile that it is getting too intense or that they just like doing this with every girl. Hopefully you don't feel too hurt and can move on to someone who truly desires to be with you; but if you are up for it, ask him what happened!
re: This is silly..but a guy is losing interest in me and it's making me sad ):
By Nyssasisticmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Fri Jul 15, 2011 02:57 PM
If you made it clear before that you weren't interested in a relationship with him and haven't clearly corrected that, then of course he's going to start distancing himself. He's aware that he can't have you regardless of what he does and why put your time and energy into something you'll never see to fruition?

If I were you, I'd go WAY out on a limb and tell him how you feel and that you want a relationship. I honestly think that may be the only way to get him "back" after pretty much telling him to bug off.

If he's worth fighting for, show him that you want to fight for him and you're willing to put yourself out there even if it means getting rejected... Because he's worth it.

ReplySendWatch