Forum: Competitions

Fundraising Ideas
By lifeofdance
On Wed Jul 27, 2011 08:43 AM

Hi everyone, I am looking to bring my students to a nationals next year but i am trying to think of some good fund raising ideas. any advice. Thanks.

20 Replies to Fundraising Ideas

re: Fundraising Ideas
By dancewick1
On Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:27 AM
I was thinking of a Halloween Fundraiser.....I thought it might be fun to do a movie in the park with refreshments and props. I was thinking like Rocky Horror Picture Show with audience participation or maybe a children's movie (Alvin and the Chipmunks Halloween movies, Scooby Doo, etc.) I thought it would be a fun way to celebrate Halloween in a fun and safe way. Just a thought.
By missliz404
On Wed Jul 27, 2011 01:52 PM
The best fundraising tactic I have come across thusfar is making up sponsorship forms. Tell the kids to pound the pavement for businesses. Have different sponsorship levels, and a gift for each level. We did mostly recital program ads and plaques. It really works, and it cuts out the headache of selling things like cookie dough, candles, etc., having to pick it up, distribute it, and all that mess. They will make more, too.
By colgate
On Wed Jul 27, 2011 04:12 PM
We live in Australia & things that are popular here are:
*cookie dough drives
*pie drives
*raffles
*car washes
*sausage sizzles (you can make $400 within a matter of hours!)
*meat trays at a sporting club on a Friday night ... easy $500 profit in one night
*cent sale
*movie fundraiser night at the cinema
By snojulPremium member
On Thu Jul 28, 2011 07:17 PM
We are doing a barn dance this year. Having BBQ and live music and family dancing.... Big garage sales work great... We also do a Halloween carnival... The adv team this yr is going to have dances once a month for 7,8,9 grade
By StudioSally
On Sun Jul 31, 2011 02:35 AM
Sleepovers are our biggest money maker.

What are sausage sizzles and cent sells?
By vfdtPremium member
On Sun Jul 31, 2011 07:50 AM
On our website, I'm adding an online link to Specialty Pasta Kits: funpastafundraising.com . . .

What I like about this product, is it comes in many clever shapes/colors; keeps long-term in a clear cellophane bag; is healthy eating; makes a great anytime UNIQUE gift; is not available in stores; you can earn as much as 50% per sale!

They will supply you with full color brochures that list the variety of pasta logo's to choose from, including colleges, dancers, sports, and even kits with toppings included. It's not seasonal, so once I put it on our website, I can leave it there, and we'll get $ credits for click-thrus.
By idanceergosum
On Mon Aug 22, 2011 03:08 PM
When you say sleepovers, do you mean for dancers from your studio? Can you give more specifics on this - cost, age level, hours, etc?

Sounds like fun (and profit). Thanks!
By sciencedancer
On Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:25 PM
We have done parents night out. Our oldest dancers and a few teachers were at the studio from 6-10 pm on a weekend night. We had movement and games in the studio, and different craft areas set up throughout the dressing/lobby area. It was around the holidays so they made ornaments/crafts for their parents. We also had a hair/make-up/nail polish station for the girls. We served pizza and juice. And for the last hour we had the kids who were still there watch a movie. its a bit of an investment as far as pizza/juice/crafts go. We advertised for the students and siblings in our studio only. It was very profitable.
By StudioSally
On Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:28 PM
^^ Yeah. And they can bring as many friends as they want to. I also promote the event at the local schools.

I do ages 5 through 14. The older girls help out. The cost is between $25 and $35 per girl. When we first started, I did $25. Now I usually do $30, but when there is a big event (ie a ball or something that many parents will attend) I have one on those nights and charge between $35 and $40 because most parents will be looking for a babysitter anyway. This makes it easier on them so I am able to Charge more.

Drop off is between 7:30 and 8:00. Pick up is between 8:00 an 8:30 am.

I supply supper, usually nachos because it's super cheap. I also have a mid-night snack sale where I sell things between $.25 and $1. I sell again when it is time for them to start laying down. I make about $200 profit just with the snack sale alone. It's crazy how much little girls will eat late at night. LoL.

It is really fun, especially for the girls. And we make great profit. When I need something new for the studio, I just schedule a sleepover. LoL

I have also gotten many new students from girls comming to the sleepovers. They have so much fun that they join dancing. :)

Let me know if you have any other questions.
By ChristinePremium member
On Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:31 PM
Flea Markets.

Sell the spaces for $25.00 and/or a percentage of the gross.

You can have it at your studio, sell parking lot space if you have it (less that indoor space) and do a bake sale for the benefit of the studio.

Good luck.

Keep On Dancing*
By Blindsay
On Tue Aug 23, 2011 02:58 PM
The studio where I teach we always do fundraising for our national competitions. We sell cookie dough, sell gourmet chocolate, yankee candle fundraising, spaghetti dinners, holiday wreath sale (during christmas), & chinese auctions. Our biggest money makers are the spaghetti dinners & chinese auctions. We make a ton of money with those 2 events. We've also done car washes in the past but we haven't done that one in quite a few years. Good Luck :)
By CSSRocks
On Mon Sep 05, 2011 03:42 PM
One of my parents just brought in a "mixed bag designs" catalogue. I have to tell you, the eco friendly bags are so cute and just sell themselves!

they have lunch bags, cell phone covers, coolers, duffles, keychains and 50% goes back to the organization!

mixedbagdesigns.com

hope this helps with ideas
By PMDDancer89
On Mon Sep 05, 2011 08:26 PM
Thanks for all the great ideas! I am excited to try some of these out this season.
By tutuintodance
On Sun Sep 11, 2011 09:37 AM
Maybe try having a bake sale or doing a car wash? Yankee candle also has fundraising and who doesn't love candles?
By turtletoeshoe
On Sun Sep 11, 2011 07:04 PM
I am organizing a Fairy Tea Party right now for my ballet company. We will be selling tutus, making crowns, taking pictures with "fairy ballerinas" and having tea. Hope it goes well and hope we make a decent profit.

@ missliz404 would you be willing to share your sponsor form with me? I am desperate for funding ideas!
By stargaze
On Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:25 PM
A carwash...pre-sell tickets! Did this years ago when we were fundraising for Disney. Fantastic Profit. Day of car wash...maybe a few of the 100 tickets we sold showed up!
By mndance2
On Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:29 PM
another studio I know does a CHILDRENS consignment shop in the fall and spring. The families who want the funds to help being in gently used clothing and sell it at the studio.
I am going to try it this year and what ever the families sell they get 100% of that profit towards their account.
Just have each family tag their clothing with a number and when it sells you keep the tag so you know what family to credit.
Also charge $5 for each family that puts their clothes out. This will add a little extra in your pocket.
By bombsquaddancers
On Wed Sep 14, 2011 01:17 PM
I was thinking of doing a movie fundraiser can you provide some information on what you did to make this successful
By darlin_dancer
On Thu Sep 15, 2011 07:47 AM
You can have a dancer's closet... Advertise that you are looking for old shoe & costume donations. Gently used only. Sell everything for a small profit. We usually do ours during registration night, that way parents are looking to find out what shoes they need to be purchasing anyways! We sell tap shoes for about $5, ballet for $3, hip hop $10, jazz $3, & costumes between $5-$10 (depending on if there are a lot of pieces, etc.). It makes some profit, but is also easy on the parents and gets everyone focussing on the correct dance attire/shoes
By CSSRocks
On Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:53 PM
Hey Studio Sally!

LOVE the sleepover thing! I'm already in the midst of planning it! question, could you give an idea of how your night goes? Do parents get upset if their child is up too late?

thanks so much for the idea!

ReplySendWatch