Forum: General / Travel - Photos

Travel - Photos
Question? (already may have asked) but do you need an eye to post piccies?
By rr_lover Comments: 511, member since Sat Feb 02, 2008
On Tue Aug 02, 2011 03:14 PM

If i remember correctly i probably made a post about this a few years ago, but i wanted to ask again because i don't know if rules may have changed about posting pics without an eye attached.

But next year, i'm going to California to visit my best friend and other friends of ours, and i was thinking of sharing my pictures here, but i haven't posted any pics of myself on dance.net before and i don't know the eye system.

SO basic question, do you absolutely half to have your eye to post? or not?

3 Replies to Question? (already may have asked) but do you need an eye to post piccies?

re: Question? (already may have asked) but do you need an eye to post piccies?
By Crazy_Clairemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 5653, member since Wed Jan 26, 2005
On Tue Aug 02, 2011 03:32 PM
Edited by Crazy_Claire (120567) on 2011-08-02 15:33:11
Edited by Crazy_Claire (120567) on 2011-08-02 15:33:43
If you want to post pictures of YOURSELF then you need to salute on the DDN Salute board. But I think if you blank out your face on photos without having an eye then it's okay to post them. Or say if you took photos of your trip (Landmarks, buildings, etc, etc) then I don't think you would need an eye for that.

Have a read of the stickies in the DDN Salute Section which I'm sure you'll find of use. In particular, this post;

www.dance.net . . .

Claire.
By hummingbird Comments: 10414, member since Mon Apr 18, 2005
On Tue Aug 02, 2011 03:34 PM
If you're posting pictures of yourself then yes you need to post a salute and have your eye before you post them however you can post pictures of places you've been to and pictures with the faces blanked out even if you don't have an eye.

Just a note though, if you post pictures of other people even if it is with the face blanked out it's always best to ask them if this is ok before you post them.
By rr_lover Comments: 511, member since Sat Feb 02, 2008
On Tue Aug 02, 2011 03:49 PM
hummingbird wrote:

If you're posting pictures of yourself then yes you need to post a salute and have your eye before you post them however you can post pictures of places you've been to and pictures with the faces blanked out even if you don't have an eye.

Just a note though, if you post pictures of other people even if it is with the face blanked out it's always best to ask them if this is ok before you post them.

:) Thanks Hummingbird, i wasn't sure so i thought it best to ask.

ReplySendWatch