Popular Owners

Open house ideas by Dancequeen924
I am holding a open house/grand opening the end of August. I need some ideas of what to do. So far we are doing registration and classes

Forum: Music

Teachers - Music
recital music- movie themes en>fr fr>en
By ohdancer Comments: 32, member since Mon Aug 08, 2011
On Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:30 PM

I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas for dance recital music, our theme this year is movies. I havn't taught in a few years so I don't know a lot of good songs to use, please make sure they are appropriate.

I have 3 jazz and 2 tap classes. I have a few ideas but feel free to give me more or tell me what you think about the ideas or maybe which song you like better? THANKS! :)

Jazz-
8th grade: sweet emotions (armageddon) or higher ground (center stage)
4th/5th grade: something from dream girls (one night only or dream girls) or can't stop the beat (hairspray)
2nd/3rd grade: no ideas!!!

Tap:
5th/6th grade: hit me up (happy feet)
2nd/3rd grade: do you love me (dirty dancing) or cuban pete (the mask)

7 Replies to recital music- movie themes

re: recital music- movie themes en>fr fr>en
By kirkpatrick3 Comments: 504, member since Sun Jan 25, 2009
On Mon Aug 08, 2011 02:52 PM
By ohdancer Comments: 32, member since Mon Aug 08, 2011
On Tue Aug 09, 2011 08:33 AM
Thank you! Still very stumped on my 2nd/3rd grade beginner jazz class if anyone has any ideas, Id love to hear them!
By MissSharon73 Comments: 1615, member since Fri Mar 02, 2007
On Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:12 PM
There is some cute music in the Bratz movies. Also, many of the recent kid movies and those that were brought back to life have cute soundtracks-Bolt, Shrek, Smurfs, Space Chimps, Alvin and the Chipmunks, Chicken Little, Flushed Away, Camp Rock, High School Musical, 102 Dalmations, The Lizzie McGuire Movie, Shark Tale, Hannah Montana, etc...
By kirkpatrick3 Comments: 504, member since Sun Jan 25, 2009
On Tue Aug 09, 2011 03:42 PM
There is also the new movie Rio
By tinydncr820 Comments: 471, member since Tue Aug 03, 2004
On Tue Aug 09, 2011 05:28 PM
We used Witch Doctor from Alvin and the Chipmunks last year for third and fourth graders and the kids got really into it. It's the soundtrack version that's more hip hop and less annoying chipmunk voices so it's easier to listen to week after week ;)

What about Disney movies? Eye to Eye or Stand Out from A Goofy Movie are awesome for that age group.
By DanceNPsych Comments: 37, member since Fri Jun 10, 2011
On Tue Aug 23, 2011 07:54 PM
What about doing something like a school theme? I'm doing something similar, and we also have a movie theme this year. Maybe call the dance something like "Summer School," "School of Rock," or something similar that fits better with your songs. There's a song by the School Gyrls called Detention, it's up beat, and great for 2-3rd graders.
By StudioSally Comments: 661, member since Thu Jul 05, 2007
On Sun Sep 11, 2011 03:13 PM
High school musical has a bunch of stuff for that age.

ReplySendWatch