Forum: Ballet / Ballet - Wanted

Ballet Dvd's
By Lorechan
On Thu Aug 11, 2011 01:48 PM

Hi! i looking for Ballet dvd's to practice at home, does anyone have dvd's you can sell me?? They can be burn dvd's! Please!!

1 Replies to Ballet Dvd's

re: Ballet Dvd's
By toroandbruinmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Aug 11, 2011 07:11 PM
The least expensive way to build a video class collection is to get a used VHS player at Goodwill (and the right kind of cable to hook it up) then look for VHS videos at Ebay and Amazon. Often it's the exact same program as you'll find on DVD. The DVD usually doesn't even add chaptering.

The Finis Jhung series is great but difficult to find used because nobody ever lets go of one of these programs.

The Ballet Workout Series with Melissa Lowe has been around for some time; therefore these are easy to find. They include: The Ballet Workout I (beginning beginner), The Ballet Workout II (intermediate beginner), The New Ballet Workout (Advanced Beginner/Beginning Intermediate). The last one does not include as much explanation as the first two but are OK if you already know how to perform the movements.

The Invision Series with Jennifer Nunes (produced by Angela Russ) is more recent; so a bit harder to find inexpensively. This is a thorough series in which each video builds on the previous one. These include: Ballet 101, Ballet 201, Ballet 101 & 201 Combinations I, Ballet 101 & 201 Combinations II The series takes the student from beginning beginner through advanced beginner.

Bob Rizzo's "Simply Ballet: A Master Ballet Class For Beginners" Starring Michelle Benash is another good class on VHS as well as DVD. It assumes you already know basic ballet terms and movements.

"Element: Ballet Conditioning" starring Elise Gulan is so new that it is available only on DVD. However a lot of them have been sold; so you can find it at a bargain price, used.

Dmitri Roudnev supplies the ballet world with music for ballet class but also has a couple of videos to demonstrate moves to the music which are also good do-along classes. These are "Ballet Class Intermediate Level with Dmitri Roudnev" and "Ballet Class with Dmitri Roudnev: Demonstration of Exercises for Music of Best of Ballet Class, Vol. V", which is on an Intermediate/Advanced level. These are difficult to find inexpensively, used, but keep trying!

You mentioned you already had 2 David Howard videos. One of thses is probably the classical "Ballet Class for Beginners" which is very easy to find. There are 3 others which you can find used: "Take A Master Dance Class With David Howard: Intermediate Class 1", "Take A Master Dance Class With David Howard: Intermediate Class 2" and "Ballet Class: Intermediate & Advanced". Plus, if you are looking for Pilates/Toning there is "Shape Up With David Howard".

Also containing a lot of Pilates/Toning you can find "New York City Ballet Workout I and II", and "Ballet Boot Camp" and "Ballet Boot Camp 2".

There's more, but these are some of the main ones.

ReplySendWatch