Forum: Advice / Girls Only PG-13

Synching Cycles?
By FairytaleGirlmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:39 AM

I posted about a week or so about my period, which was a week early and kept disappearing on me!

Cue a few days of on/off bleeding I thought that was it, untill my period came three days ago. (Making it two weeks since the last one!

Whutt?
I'm usually regular enough, 28-33 day cycle, but I've just moved in with my girlfriend about two months ago. She's said her cycle hasn't been regular since I moved in- and she's due right now.
Has anyone else experienced this 'synching up' with other girls when in close quarters?

4 Replies to Synching Cycles?

re: Synching Cycles?
By Theresamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:16 PM
I grew up with three sisters, and we never synched. Not even close. :/
By hummingbird
On Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:31 PM
But T you lived in the same house as them, you didn't need to synch, or get into a pattern, it set itself. My cycles always been all over the place and I don't have sisters so it's hard to tell.
By BeautifulMistakemember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Tue Aug 16, 2011 05:30 PM
The cycles would often sync up with the other girls at school. My period was never really regular to begin with...then I was on the pill so not sure if it messed with my cycle much but I did not a lot of us girls would get our periods at the same time.
By iPurplemember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat Aug 27, 2011 01:42 PM
It's weird because I'm on BC and my period came a week early (still on the real pill, not the sugar ones). It turns out, my group of girlfriends are all on their periods too! The 4 of us have been best friends for about a year and we've just started synching up. At first I was scared because I thought something was wrong (infection, etc) but I'm glad to know that I'm fine. It's a bit funny!

My mom also used to be a nurse and she worked with a few dozen other women for years. She said all the women eventually would be on their periods at the same time! The horror! Luckily there were a couple very nice male doctors who would put together "care packages" for all the women in the unit (chocolate, soap, tampons/pads, any sort of comfort food)

ReplySendWatch