Forum: Advice / Beauty - Makeovers

Beauty - Makeovers
Woah! I have dark hair!
By Felsamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 4038, member since Thu Nov 09, 2006
On Wed Aug 17, 2011 06:01 PM

Well I added another colour to my lists of colours my hair has been. I picked a shade I liked and then from the same swatch she went 2 shades darker with a touch of 3. My hair fades out so fast then in 2 weeks I will have the colour I want that way.

It is brown, not black. Everyone says it looks dark brown, I think it looks black. I do like it though. I like how it contrasts with my fair skin. I am going to fade it out and go to a more medium brown. My red was so intense still though that a medium brown would not have worked.

I threw in my red hair and my natural blonde so you can see the difference. I know 99% of the people I know prefer the blonde, but I like having dark hair :)

12 Replies to Woah! I have dark hair!

re: Woah! I have dark hair!
By Believemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 1855, member since Sat Oct 14, 2006
On Wed Aug 17, 2011 06:02 PM
Oh my god!
That looks freaking incredible on you. You look gorgeous.
By Felsamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 4038, member since Thu Nov 09, 2006
On Wed Aug 17, 2011 06:20 PM
Thank you so much!! I am just sitting here waiting for the backlash from friends and family. They all hate anything but my natural blonde :P

I got another picture in my house with no lights on. Is it odd that I LOVE how pale I look?
By alwaysonmytoesmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 2895, member since Thu Aug 17, 2006
On Wed Aug 17, 2011 07:00 PM
I really like it! You look fantastic, as usual. Also, the picture of you with your natural hair is stunning. Love it, love it, love it! You can pull off any hair color, can't you? :P
By Summer Comments: 1255, member since Sat Sep 09, 2006
On Wed Aug 17, 2011 09:09 PM
I really like it! :) It works well with your coloring.

My family was like WOAAHHHH when I dyed my hair dark like yours but they all got used to it. My husband loves it, and that's all that matters. If you like it, stick with it and don't worry about what your family thinks :)
By YumYumDoughnutPremium member Comments: 8688, member since Sat Jul 10, 2004
On Wed Aug 17, 2011 09:23 PM
I really love the pale+dark hair look that you got going on.

I think a dark smokey grey eye would look AMAZING with that hair color!
By Theresamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 34891, member since Wed May 22, 2002
On Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:13 PM
I think I'd like it a *tiny* bit brighter (maybe some highlights around your face?), but I like it that dark. You keep talking about how much you like it as dark as it is, but you're already making plans for when it fades, which is making me laugh. Heh...

At any rate, I think the dark will also probably read better on film (you're higher contrast that way), so bonus there too.
By Trout Comments: 897, member since Mon Nov 08, 2010
On Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:32 PM
You look great with blonde and dark hair. I like the blonde beacuse it looks fun and natural, but the dark looks just as fun and natural as the blonde! :)

You are lucky, you can pull off anything!

I am naturally blonde, and for a while I had darker hair, and it was very hard to get back to blonde. I'm still paying the price for bleaching it back to blonde. Even though I had it professionally done, my hair is still very damaged from going from dark to lighter.

But, you look great either way. I really like the darker color, it makes you look like a porcelain doll.
On Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:54 PM
Theresa wrote:

I think I'd like it a *tiny* bit brighter (maybe some highlights around your face?), but I like it that dark. You keep talking about how much you like it as dark as it is, but you're already making plans for when it fades, which is making me laugh. Heh...

At any rate, I think the dark will also probably read better on film (you're higher contrast that way), so bonus there too.

Oh yes I will be getting highlights for sure. I am guessing the same thing will happen as did with my red, it is super dark until I wash it 3-4 times and then the "real" colour comes through. I like it this dark but at the same time, I would like it to look more brown as I think it looks too much like black. But again, I think that will come after a few washes.

I hope the dark reads better, I hated the way blond read on film with me. I think it will also make it waaay easier to get more challenging roles and not get type cast.
By TheStoryTellermember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2238, member since Mon May 19, 2008
On Thu Aug 18, 2011 02:29 PM
I love it on you! I'm very fair skinned myself and my natural hair is a medium brown. I find dark hair tends to look good on us pale girls :)

I agree with the dark hair "reading" better on film. I think it makes you look more mature, but still very pretty and fun.
On Sat Aug 20, 2011 08:53 PM
Edited by Felsa (169953) on 2011-08-20 20:55:09
Okay here we go! A real picture with a better camera then my point and shoot. I like the colour it is when I am out in the sun. She put a touch of auburn in there which is why the one area is looking reddish, it is not a reflection of the shed behind me.
By hummingbird Comments: 10418, member since Mon Apr 18, 2005
On Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:08 PM
Now that's great, the lighter colour means it shows up the skin tone without fighting with it and it shows up your eyes better.
By imadanseurPremium member Comments: 16604, member since Thu Dec 04, 2003
On Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:13 PM
The color with the auburn looks great. I really think you pull off the red color well though!! (okay I am a little biased)

ReplySendWatch