Forum: Arts / Debates

Free Breast Implants, exploit woman?
By YumYumDoughnutPremium member
On Thu Aug 18, 2011 03:50 PM

I was reading an article about this website that allows people to donate money to woman to get breast implants.

www.lasvegassun.com . . .

Would you ever consider something like this?

9 Replies to Free Breast Implants, exploit woman?

re: Free Breast Implants, exploit woman?
By slice
On Thu Aug 18, 2011 04:37 PM
Edited by slice (109495) on 2011-08-18 16:38:05
If I was broke and desperate for breast implants? Sure. But I am neither of those things. Well, not the latter of these things (definitely couldn't afford implants now even if I wanted them :P ). Honestly, I'd rather find a way to raise the money and then save it, or buy a car.

I wonder what could have been done were this money donated to a worthy cause (and sorry, I don't consider bigger boobs a worthy cause). But this is a (relatively) free country. These men and women can do what they wish with their money. If they'd rather use their hard earned cash to pay women to flirt with them, oh well. At least the money goes straight to the women, versus if they went to a strip club.
By aerial
On Thu Aug 18, 2011 08:10 PM
Maybe for breast cancer survivors but the vain women wanting bigger tat tat's NO! that's stupid and there are much better causes and much more to life than big breasts.
By PogMoGilliesmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Thu Aug 18, 2011 09:20 PM
I suppose that if you want to peddle your picture to raise money for an unnecessary surgery, you are free to do so. Just as women are free to work at hooters, dance in strip clubs, work at topless coffee and barber shops.

No one is forcing these women to join, they have the right to leave the site whenever.

Exploit? no.

Degrade? could be.

I find it funny that the end of the article calls this a "knight in shining armor" type thing. Really? Pay $1.20 to send me a message about my ta tas? Wow. my hero.
By dancin_til_death
On Fri Aug 19, 2011 03:43 AM
I think the whole thing is very odd.

I think accepting money from strangers is weird. I don't even particularly like it when my boyfriend pays for things.

That said if I had a "freeholiday" website, I'd be hard pressed to turn down a trip to Europe :P
By OMGjaimyemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:07 AM
PogMoGillies wrote:

Just as women are free to work at hooters, dance in strip clubs, work at topless coffee and barber shops.

I find it a little offensive that you group working for Hooters together with strip clubs and topless bars. It's not even anywhere near the same thing. As a Hooter's Girl, I have to put up with the population's general consensus that a girl working for Hooters is automatically a slut with huge fake boobs that she shoves in your face for better tips. NOT EVEN CLOSE. Granted, most people who say that have never even been inside a Hooters to see for themselves that the atmosphere is NOTHING like a strip club. I get the best tips from families with small kids that I can play with during their visit. I hula-hoop with them, take them to the 'play' area and toss a ball around with them, pick them up and let them sling in the order, etc ...

We aren't just mindless bimbos shaking our chests at dirty old men for money. Some new girls will come in with the mindset that that is what they're supposed to do and they either get fired immediately or sent straight back to training. That's not the message that Hooters wants to convey to the general public and we have to work HARD at reversing some people's opinions. The uniform is tasteful when worn CORRECTLY, which means no butt cheeks out of the shorts and no 'excessive' cleavage out the top. Girls get sent home repeatedly from my store for showing up to work looking like a fool.

Sorry for the hijack, I just get very bent out of shape when people compare what I do to stripping! :( As for the original topic, I think it's a horrid idea. That money could be SO MUCH BETTER USED somewhere else. For cancer survivors sure, but for any old person off the street? Heck no. Pay for that crap yourself.
re: Free Breast Implants, exploit woman? (karma: 1)
By Heartmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:55 AM
...why isn't there a website that will let guys pay for my college education? :?
By slice
On Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:17 PM
OMGjaimye wrote:

I hula-hoop with them, take them to the 'play' area and toss a ball around with them, pick them up and let them sling in the order, etc ...

Hooters girls can't do this in a collared shirt and a pair of pants?

Mostly being facetious here, but let's be reality. There's a reason why the Hooters uniform is what it is and why only females are hired for these roles.
By MarlaSingermember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:40 PM
Jaimye, maybe I'm misunderstanding you, and you are just trying to get the point across that Hooters girls are not low-class whores. In that case, point taken, and I think most people here already knew that anyway. But I think the point PogMoGhillies was trying to make still stands, which is that people are and always have been free to use their looks and sex appeal to help themselves earn money, and when someone chooses to do so of their own free will, it's not really accurate to label it exploitation.

The restaurant is called HOOTERS, for heaven's sake. I understand that by and large it's a family-friendly restaurant, not a strip joint, but let's not pretend that sex appeal is not a major part of the Hooters branding strategy.
By OMGjaimyemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sun Aug 21, 2011 08:18 PM
^No, you're correct. The original Hooters concept is just that, based on female sex appeal. I'm sure that I could make good money somewhere else, but I do choose to stay at Hooters because the money is so good. It's pretty much the easiest serving job I've ever had. I think maybe I did misunderstand Pog a bit and went on an unnecessary rant, sorry bout that. It just gets frustrating when people have a particular opinion that we, as Hooters Girls, know isn't quite right. It's almost a knee-jerk reaction to defend it, and it seems like I spend a lot of time doing it! :/

ReplySendWatch