Forum: Competitions

Colour lipstick to suit all my dancers?
By rosalinde
On Sun Aug 28, 2011 03:14 PM

I'm going to be taking a group of my dancers to a very big competition in the spring. So far I've let dancers use their own make-up, just hinting a bit here and there so the lipstick choices weren't too far removed from each other. But for this comp I would really like to see one colour. Is there a colour (plus brand) that suits all skin colours? We don't use a lot of tanning, especially not in the face, so the girls will have a little variation in skin colour (varying from Irish fair to light Indonesian).
If this is an impossible query, well, then I'll have to look for something else.

4 Replies to Colour lipstick to suit all my dancers?

re: Colour lipstick to suit all my dancers?
By Triskitmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun Aug 28, 2011 03:24 PM
Russian Red by Mac. It suits so many skin tones and is the perfect red lip.

MAC is obviously more of an investment than a drug store brand but what some of the mom's at my studio did was pitch in and buy it together. They do their own kids makeup but 1 mom brings the lipstick or other items like that and they share. This was totally their idea/solution and it worked all last season with no drama.
By MissAlice
On Sun Aug 28, 2011 06:16 PM
Revlon Fire and Ice. Same idea as MAC (fits every skin tone) but it is cheaper!
By sewingismyhobby
On Sun Aug 28, 2011 08:58 PM
I can remember a few years back when this was also done at our dance school. We ordered the particular colour so everyone had the same lipcolour. However everyone has different coloured lips so when it was applied the colours looked quite different. I don't think you can ever get it perfectly suited to every individual. Good luck anyway.
By rosalinde
On Wed Sep 14, 2011 05:16 AM
Thank you, I will definitely look into the MAC and Revlon options. As for price, it's going to be a costly event anyway, so I suppose a couple of lipsticks won't hurt much ...

ReplySendWatch