Forum: Ballet / Ballet - Wanted

How can I find a Ballet partner???
By ErickaBallet
On Sun Aug 28, 2011 08:55 PM

How can I find a male Ballet partner? I would like to practice Pas de Deux- there's no male dancer in our school. Also looking to dance pas de Deux for anual dance recital... HELP please

1 Replies to How can I find a Ballet partner???

re: How can I find a Ballet partner???
By AlwaysOnStagePremium member
On Sun Aug 28, 2011 09:48 PM
This depends on where you are and who you are. I recommend that you talk to your teacher about your desire to begin to learn partnering techniques, and see if he or she has ideas about where you can go. Even if they don't, it's possible that they can start teaching elements of partnering to the girls of the studio. Even though we sometimes had more men than women in the classes I took during high school, the women would partner each other at times so that we had a full awareness of both aspects of Pas de Deux.

I also have to remind you that Pas de Deux has technique and, like ballet, is not something you should go trying without an instructor's supervision. Even something as basic as a "fish dive" or "fish lift" can cause serious injury if not learned properly. And, depending on the instructor and time table, getting into fully developed Pas de Deux can take some time.

ReplySendWatch