Popular Teachers

Association of Dance Conventions & Competitions by ug7catherine
I just heard of the Association of Dance Conventions & Competitions (or rather the FDC). We heard to...

Forum: Music

Teachers - Music
Looking for a set of songs..."I Learned a Word in French Today, Watch Me Kick, Nice and High" en>fr fr>en
By Dancrgrl421 Comments: 4, member since Mon Aug 29, 2011
On Mon Aug 29, 2011 05:38 PM

As stated in the title, I'm looking for this set of songs that I remember using when I assisted dance classes many years ago, and probably danced to myself as a child.

"I learned a word in french today, this is a word that's called plie. All that it means is bend your knees, and turn your toes out if you please."

"Watch me kick nice and high, I can kick up to the sky. Watch me kick, nice and high, I can kick up to the sky."

"Tick tock, tick tock, listen to the happy clock. Tick tock tick tock, listen to the clock".

There were probably two to three more songs in this set, I cannot find information on it anywhere! It's perfect for preschool dance and creative movement, and I think of it all the time when I'm teaching, and would love to get my hands on it.

Can anyone help?!

7 Replies to Looking for a set of songs..."I Learned a Word in French Today, Watch Me Kick, Nice and High"

re: Looking for a set of songs..."I Learned a Word in French Today, Watch Me Kick, Nice and High" en>fr fr>en
By angelnmoznPremium member Comments: 658, member since Mon Mar 24, 2003
On Mon Aug 29, 2011 05:57 PM
Edited by angelnmozn (60673) on 2011-08-29 18:00:18 added
Edited by angelnmozn (60673) on 2011-08-29 18:06:14 added
Watch me Kick is on this
www.kimboed.com . . .

Tick Tock & Watch Me Kick are on this:

www.kimboed.com . . .

Maybe your French song:
www.kimboed.com . . .
re: Looking for a set of songs..."I Learned a Word in French Today, Watch Me Kick, Nice and High" en>fr fr>en
On Mon Aug 29, 2011 06:52 PM
My browser keeps freezing when I click on the sample, but I'm excited to have a listen whenever I can get it to play. Hoping those are my songs :)

Thanks!
By taps2much Comments: 442, member since Mon Oct 22, 2007
On Mon Aug 29, 2011 07:32 PM
the first link angelnmozn posted has the "I learned a word in french today" song. It is "Plie and Releve" track number 1
On Mon Aug 29, 2011 08:13 PM
That is fantastic, exactly what I was looking for, and even the same singer, which is interesting. Thank you very much!
By vfdtPremium member Comments: 2737, member since Tue Oct 26, 2004
On Tue Aug 30, 2011 06:58 AM
Thanks for those links above, as I think I finally found the song I used decades ago: "I'm learning to speak French in dancing school." It has a can-can music background and cute lyrics - "when teacher says tout de suite, I shake the lead out of my feet."
On Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:16 AM
Isn't that exciting?? I didn't think I would ever find these songs again! I've already bought and downloaded two of the albums :)
By Dream_chaserPremium member Comments: 25538, member since Thu Jul 26, 2001
On Tue Aug 30, 2011 01:08 PM
I have them. PM me.

ReplySendWatch