Forum: Advice / Beauty - Makeovers

Beauty - Makeovers
Opinions please! :)
By twinkletoes08member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 2082, member since Tue Feb 18, 2003
On Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:58 PM

Which way do you guys like my hair best, naturally wavy, or straight? I want it to grow, and it's not having any of it. -.-

Also, colourwise. Do you think dark brown would suit me? I'm quite pale, so I'm not sure! My mum says no. :/

thanks everybody x

9 Replies to Opinions please! :)

re: Opinions please! :)
By sparxPremium member Comments: 257, member since Thu Oct 09, 2008
On Wed Aug 31, 2011 01:59 PM

Hi,
I just noticed your message.

I use paintshop pro to edit people's photos on the dance forums now and again.

By chance you said you wanted to know what your hair looked like dark brown... So I thought I'd see what paintshop pro could do and I've attached the results... Hope you don't mind. It's very rough, but you get an impression.

From that photo I'd say it doesn't look too bad, except your eyebrows will be much lighter. It's hard to tell if the brown would be too intense from such a closeup picture.

To answer your question about straight or wavy, I don't think either is better or worse, just different. Wavy makes you look younger and more natural, straight makes you look a bit older and more sophisticated.

Keith
By Theresamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 34891, member since Wed May 22, 2002
On Wed Aug 31, 2011 03:23 PM
I personally like it better wavy and darker. I don't know if I like it as dark as ^, but what's the worst that could happen? You do it, hate it, and get some highlights? It's only hair, it all grows back.

I think the shade of blonde quite washes out your face though, I like it better with a little color to it.
By Summer Comments: 1255, member since Sat Sep 09, 2006
On Wed Aug 31, 2011 08:43 PM
Just because you're pale doesn't mean you need to be extreme blonde! Far from it! I'm quite pale with blue eyes and my hair is just a shade away from black right now (my natural color is a light brown.) I like it a lot and my hubby loooooves it. You don't need to go anywhere near black though. A dark brown, like you suggested, would work nicely for you I think.
By saoirse3473member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 2118, member since Sun Sep 02, 2007
On Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:04 PM
i'm pale with blue eyes and my hair is dyed near black. it actually makes my eyes pop!
By Coccinellamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 5930, member since Sat Jan 25, 2003
On Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:32 AM
I don't have much of an opinion on the colour, but I definetly prefer the look of the natural/wavy hair to the straightened look.
By Felsamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 4038, member since Thu Nov 09, 2006
On Fri Sep 02, 2011 07:08 PM
LOVE the natural wavy look on you!

Also, I am very VERY pale. So pale that I have found literally one make up brand with a shade light enough for me. Even the lightest of bare minerals is too dark for me. I know have extremely dark brown hair. In certain light it looks almost black. I have gotten more compliments on my dark hair then I ever did on my natural blond hair. I personally think you can totally pull it off.
By Amyliamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 4405, member since Fri Apr 11, 2003
On Sat Sep 03, 2011 05:49 PM
Definitely like the wavy/natural more on you. Also if you're trying to grow it out, the healthier you keep it the better it will grow, so less heat styling will also help keep it healthy!
By twinkletoes08member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 2082, member since Tue Feb 18, 2003
On Sun Sep 04, 2011 02:27 PM
Thanks guys! Natural look it is then! It will help it grow if I don't use much heat on it, so I'll stick with that for a while!

As for the brown, the edited photo would be way too dark for me. I'm growing my colour out, and my hair is a light brown colour, so we'll see what that is like, then we can always go darker!

thanks a bunch!
On Tue Sep 13, 2011 09:39 AM

My hair looks mega dark here! It looks okay though, well, I think so! So, I think I'll dye it!

ReplySendWatch