Forum: Ballet / Advanced & Professional Ballet

Advanced & Professional Ballet
What's going on in your dance world?
By Cadbury_Eatermember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 7575, member since Sat Jan 04, 2003
On Thu Sep 01, 2011 04:51 AM
Edited by Cadbury_Eater (53484) on 2011-09-01 04:52:00

I'm doing my Advanced 1 exam soon-after it being delayed for so long due to hip and then subsequent ankle injury. Not gunning for a high mark at all, just to pass it to get it out of the way. I'm overseas for the lead up before it so won't be in condition :P

After that, I'm scaling back my dance hours considerably for more study time for my final year of highschool. Looking for a 95+ ATAR, so should be lots of work. Also have lots of academic extra curricular going on for my last HS year, as well as a busy life due to a number of factors. Did my final eisteddfod a while back, and not doing the end of year concert this year-so since the exam's not on stage, I suppose you could say I've retired from the stagelights for the time being. Not sad at all though, I'm a bit burnt out from competition and production stress, nice to just focus on the exam as it's for me solely, and then just recreationally dance. (Though dropping so many hours will feel such a big shock wow :P)

3 Replies to What's going on in your dance world?

re: What's going on in your dance world?
By Coccinellamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 5930, member since Sat Jan 25, 2003
On Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:12 AM
I just re-arranged my college schedule so that I could consistently attend a Monday night ballet class which I am very excited about! It's taught by a great dancer and the other girls who take the class are a really great group of girls with all different dance abilities. It's really cool to take class with people who are really new to ballet, it makes you realize how much you know and how lucky you are to have had all this ballet training as a youth.

My goals this year are to attend this class weekly and drop in occasionally at another ballet class on another day of the week to push me a little bit. Ever since I quit ballet full-time I've had a hard time committing to a class, so this is a bit scary for me! My other goal is to be able to dance en pointe again. My technique is still excellent, I'm very impressed, but I need to gain a bit of strength back. I've been working out at home and doing lots of two footed and one footed rises and releves and I think that if I can go to this class weekly and throw a few drop-ins to the mix than I should be able to atleast do a barre en pointe pretty soon.

Good luck with Advanced 1! :)
By Cadbury_Eatermember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 7575, member since Sat Jan 04, 2003
On Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:58 PM
Thank you, I'll need the luck :)

Good luck in all your goals/ returning from dance, it's good because I always worry I'll drift away completely when I go to uni, but I figure I shouldn't because there'd be so many diverse classes in the city! So good luck with strengthening and then getting back onto pointe :)
By noachkamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2116, member since Mon Jun 20, 2005
On Fri Sep 02, 2011 06:45 AM
Well, all my plans have been pushed back 6 weeks because on Monday I fractured my 5th meatarsal :(

But when I get back, my plans stay about the same...lots of performing. Lots of extra training -- getting ready for auditions ans such!!

And until then, I'm trying to do as much as I can on my own without hurting my foot; surprisingly I can do quite a bit of floor barre, and for cardio I'm using a hand bike :)

ReplySendWatch