Forum: Competitions

Celebration Talent Competition???
By ktmikelle
On Sat Sep 03, 2011 07:24 PM

I was curious if anyone has attended Celebration Talent Competition? We have added the event to our schedule and are curious about what to expect. Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

5 Replies to Celebration Talent Competition???

re: Celebration Talent Competition???
By Frogdogdance
On Sat Sep 03, 2011 09:35 PM
I took 1 of my groups a couple of years ago in Columbus, OH. It was their 1st year here & it was very late in the season, mid-May, for a comp, so it was not well-attended, but the folks who ran it were very nice & very helpful. It was well-run as far as being organized & on-time. Judging was a bit off for us, though: We did a hip hop routine that was killer, & it had been perfected after a whole season of competing, & we got platinum but got beat by some average lyrical group in the overalls. I have a fellow studio-owner buddy who said we got robbed. Not sure if the judges just weren't into hip hop or what. I would go back if they came here earlier in the season. We didn't enjoy competing that late, but those are the only issues I had with them. I'd recommend them.
By MichelleDance
On Mon Sep 05, 2011 09:00 AM
Celebration Talent is one of my favorites! They have not been around as long as some of the other comps but they are so organized, helpful and they truly appreciate our business. The judges are very firm and fair. We are a new studio this is only our 5th year, but we went to their Nationals in Wisconsin and had an absolute blast! I highly recommend them!!!
By Dream_chaserPremium member
On Mon Sep 05, 2011 01:08 PM
I attended my last year in business, as a replacement competition. Nice people, well run.
By danceland2
On Mon Sep 05, 2011 06:23 PM
We attended a regional & national event in 2010. Very nice people to work with. Nationals were great. Two days of free convention classes & they were great. I thought the judging was pretty fair. I didn't agree with everything but that is what you get when you are talking about something so subjective.
By ktmikelle
On Mon Sep 05, 2011 06:31 PM
Thanks so much everyone!

ReplySendWatch