Forum: Ballet / Ballet - Wanted

pointe shoes needed for my size 10 shoe feet
By socialmoth
On Sun Sep 11, 2011 09:35 PM

Been dancing 22 years, taking up pointe and need a pair just to use in my house to practice, I have huge feet size 10 sneakers, does anyone have a pair of used ones i could buy just for practice till I can buy a good pair for big feet :( Dont mind if they are worn down basically just need ones to practice a few small steps and I dont live close to a shoe store at the moment

I have a paypal to cover cost

4 Replies to pointe shoes needed for my size 10 shoe feet

re: pointe shoes needed for my size 10 shoe feet
By AlwaysOnStagePremium member
On Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:01 PM
Pointe shoes need to be fitted. If you're taking up pointe for the first time, that is reason enough to take the trip to a shoe store to get fitted.

Also, I think very few people are going to tell you that it's okay to try and learn pointe on your own, nor or people going to tell you that it's okay to use someone else's broken shoes: they've been molded to someone else's foot already, and if they're worn enough for a dancer to give them away, then they're probably too worn for safe use.

This thread is a big red flag for me. I hope you reconsider.
By WoodPigeon
On Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:33 PM
Another red flag from me. If you want to practice something, go to a studio with good training and get fitted professionally.
By aerial
On Fri Oct 07, 2011 05:36 AM
My hunch is if you have been dancing for 22 years you are probably strong enough to go on pointe, especially if you have been doing a lot of ballet. So ask your teacher if that is an option for you. Sign up for a pointe class and go get fitted. it is worth the bit of extra money to make sure your shoes fit and are in good condition. Your feet are not that big and most stores have some stock in that size but just incase call ahead and ask and go to the one with the best selection. Good Luck
By RosePremium member
On Fri Oct 07, 2011 04:15 PM
Edited by lidwina (172256) on 2011-10-07 16:20:15
Edited by lidwina (172256) on 2011-10-07 16:20:36
If you need pointe shoes to practise, you need shoes for class. Only when you have learned how to use pointes, you can start practising at home.
Practising at home on your own with second hand shoes untill you can buy a decent pair is not okay. If you don't have the money, you have to wait and save every penny. Sorry, I don't have 'better' news for you.

When you don't have well fitted shoes you can
- learn the wrong technique which is a waste of time because later you have to do it all over again;
- get disappointed when you do start taking good classes and find out how much you do wrong;
- hurt yourself: skin, tendons, bone injuries. Tearing or breaking tendons/bones is a realistic risk.

Don't worry about your shoe size. A/ pointe shoes exist in your size. B/ your size for pointe shoes might be smaller then for sneakers, your feet are compressed together a lot in pointe shoes.

ReplySendWatch