Forum: Adults / Baby On Board

Interesting article on Kegels......take it as you will. :)
By hylndlasmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Thu Sep 15, 2011 06:49 PM
Edited by hylndlas (107168) on 2011-09-15 18:50:56 fixed title

I know the blog is on the crunchy side BUT I thought the article was interesting.

I'm still processing it myself but I thought someone else here might enjoy the read.....something to think about maybe?

In any case Take it as you will. :)

journeytocrunchville.wordpress.com . . .

2 Replies to Interesting article on Kegels......take it as you will. :)

re: Interesting article on Kegels......take it as you will. :)
By Niennamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Thu Sep 15, 2011 08:38 PM
What an interesting article! It definitely changed my view on some things. I have a very sway back and I think my pelvis is very misaligned, and I've read some pros about squatting before (did you know it's the safest and most effective way to poop?!), but I had no idea it could do so much! And that bit about tight muscles was really impressive to me as well, as my quads have been extremely tight since I've stopped dancing and I thought it was just because I wasn't stretching them. I'm looking forward to turning this article over in my mind and seeing how I can better affect my body with these changes.

I'm actually sort of interested in the DVD, do you own it or know someone who does? I'd like to know how it is.
re: Interesting article on Kegels......take it as you will. :)
By hummingbird
On Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:09 PM
But seeing as 90% of people seem to do them incorrectly anyway they might just as well not do them at all anyway.

Just as she describes here,

"When the PF is weak, women start to use the glutes and adductors to keep the bladder closed (instead of the sphincter muscle of the bladder itself)"

The amount of people I see who think that clenching their butt cheeks is a Kegel.

I agree with her about evening up all of the muscles though, that's sort of what we do in Pilates.

The real issue with her argument is that she only talks about one posture type, what about people with a Lordotic spine who still have weak a pelvic floor? Their muscles are going to have a completely different balance to what she's describing.

ReplySendWatch