Forum: Advice / Girls Only PG-13

I just got a mooncup (karma: 1)
By Ballet_Baibemember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun Sep 18, 2011 01:54 AM

I've been thinking about buying a mooncup ever since I read about them on here a few years ago but I've been putting it off mostly because I'm really quite squeamish but when I went to pick up some tampons in boots I saw it and thought it was time to go for it.

I''m fed up of being a slave to tampax and always, and in about nine months it starts paying for itself.

I just have a couple of questions:

I've got a performance tonight and I'm worried that dancing may dislodge it and cause leaks, is that likely to happen?

And I'm really struggling to remove it, I did practice before I came on and it was difficult but I could do it and I figured it would get easier when I got used to it but this morning I really couldn't get it out at all. Any advice?

Thank you very much.

6 Replies to I just got a mooncup

re: I just got a mooncup
By AlwaysOnStagePremium member
On Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:17 AM
Did you read the information pack that came with it?

Kind of like when you start using tampons, your mind can sometimes race "OMG what if it doesn't come out", and that is working against you. Calm down, thousands of women use this product, so you can rest assured that it functions as it is supposed to.

Is it likely to dislodge, no. If you can and would like to wear a panty liner, that's fine, but in my experience I've never had a problem with any leakage or the product shifting out of place.

To remove, do as the instructions tell you: do not try to "pull down" on the end of the cup, rather use your finger to try to fold the cup in half: this will break the 'seal' it has created and make it easier to remove. It can, at times, be slippery so keep in mind that you may need to hold it firmly while you are withdrawing it.
By CheesePlusCakemember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:43 AM
My diva cup only leaked sometimes the first 2 cycles or so I used it because I still hadn't gotten the hang of putting it in right. Since then, it's never leaked. If you're confident you've been putting the cup in right then it shouldn't leak, but if you want to be sure since this is your first cycle with it, wear a liner.
On Sun Sep 18, 2011 04:55 PM
Thank you for the advice, I have got better at removing it but had a little leakage this afternoon so decided to switch to tampons for the performance as I still had a few and a leak in a tiny white outfit would be rather embarrassing.
By BeautifulMistakemember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:44 PM
Sometimes mine leaks a tiny bit but all I have to do is reach up and twist the cup to seal it better then I'm fine. If you're worried though just wear a pantyliner with it.

Otherwise, it won't dislodge. I have the Diva Cup and I've done many things with it in and it's never leaked or dislodged.
On Tue Sep 20, 2011 04:16 PM
I've worked out why it leaked, it hadn't unfolded properly. Since then I've had no problems at all!
On Fri Sep 23, 2011 04:14 AM
So my first cycle with the mooncup is over and after the little leak on the first day I've had no problems at all, this is a totally awesome product. If anyone is thinking about getting one do it, I got over the gross factor pretty quick which means there are no negatives! I think alternative menstrual products should be taught in schools, until I saw it on here I wasn't aware there were options other then tampons or towels.

ReplySendWatch