Forum: Advice / Girls Only PG-13

Why Women are Wonderful (in every way)
By ChristinePremium member
On Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:06 AM

Oh dear...it seems as if our beloved Panic is suffering from interpersonal troubles www.dance.net . . .

I usually don't get involved in this banter, but as it happens I just finished reading a book that celebrates women (The Help, by Kathryn Stockett) and rather than post a man bashing counterattack to the Guys Only thread above, I thought I'd give the women a chance to celebrate what makes us appreciate each other, and rightfully so.

So...let's get to it girls. I'll let others go first, then I'll write some...

Keep On Dancing*

14 Replies to Why Women are Wonderful (in every way)

re: Why Women are Wonderful (in every way)
By Wicked_Elphabamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:16 AM
To quote Katy Perry: "our bodies are so magical, soft skin, red lips, so touchable, too good to deny it". ;) That's why we're awesome. Oh, and we have boobs. :D
By LlamaLlamaDuckmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:20 AM
And internal plumbing... it's far more attractive.
By hummingbird
On Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:05 AM
OMG, what a depressing post!

There you go, I empathise.

A positive from the negative.
By Arakmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:25 AM
Edited by hummingbird (128773) on 2011-09-18 11:53:47 Edited out the mild profanity.
You know, panic has a point. Women really can be xxxxx, vindictive, exclusive, fickle, and impossible to please. Every group of women seems to include at least one who makes it her life's mission to stir up the rest of the group. And some follow her, because they need to follow someone and she presented herself, if not first, then most forcefully. Those women definitely suck.

HOWEVER.

1. This animal exists in male form as well. And they suck, too.

2. For every impossible woman out there, there is also one who nurtures and lifts up others around her. She doesn't like the drama and usually keeps quiet so as not to get involved in it, so you may not notice her as readily. But the moment you have a problem and she senses you need some encouragement, there she is. I am very grateful for this type of woman in my life. I seek to surround myself with more of this type and distance myself from the first type as much as I can.
By YumYumDoughnutPremium member
On Sun Sep 18, 2011 01:04 PM
1. We can be emotional and affectionate without being accused of being a "lesbian". I love cuddling on other women without the stigma of any sexual orientation being attached.

2. Women are good communicators and they forgive a lot easier then men ( in my experience). They take " I am sorry" at face value and it is forgotten over a cup of tea.

3. As a whole, women take good care of their hair. I love watching long healthy hair flowing over a womens back.

4. We are sympathetic to each other having PMS. We offer comfort to each other, that men can't offer to us.
By FeelLikeDancinPremium member
On Sun Sep 18, 2011 01:24 PM
To be honest, I'd much rather reply to panic's thread. I'd have a lot more to work with over there. In general, I dislike women. I get along so much better with men.

HOWEVER, there are exceptions to every rule and men can be real jerks at times too. It's a crapshoot.
On Sun Sep 18, 2011 01:31 PM
Ah, so many good things to say.

To start...women seem to mature as they get older. Generally speaking, the childish backstabbing, competitiveness, and exclusive possessiveness gives was to empathy, forgiveness, and kindness. I mean no disrespect to the men who can't "defend" themselves here, but again, GENERALLY speaking, boys hold onto their boyish ways well into middle age. A woman is likely to cook a meal for another who has just had a baby, lost a loved one, or broken her foot. Men will continue to gather for the most important game of the week, and bring along their favorite beer, but not as likely to stay after and clean up.

Women seem to say, "I'm sorry" at an alarming rate. I know there are a few who are never wrong, but often the woman is the first to apologize just to make peace. Again, a generalization, but women may resort to tongue lashings but rarely suffer boxers fractures from the teen years onward.

Women are so concerned with the psychological needs of their partners, regarding sex, that they learn to "fake it". And never forget how or why.

Women are usually willing to care for other women's children. They see a need, and they try to meet it. They establish breast milk banks, hand down their children's out grown clothing and toys, and form countless organizations and support groups to further the success of families. Their natural instinct to nurture is not limited to their own blood line.

Someone once asked me, "if you were reincarnated and had to be gay, would be want to be a man or a woman?" Despite the fact that men generally have more power in society, I choose to still be a woman. Women have all the nice "parts". Soft skin, sweet voices, breasts. I know this has been said before, but it is worth repeating.

I'm sure there is more, but my final observation is this: Here on DDN, women don't usually get involved in "bashing" men until they are hurt, confused, battered or frustrated in some way that suspends logic, at least momentarily. I suspect the thread I referenced above is a result of this dynamic, which seems to be part of the human condition. (I often ask, "Why the Ark?") However, we rarely make blanket statements, even in jest, like, "men are stupid, they don't talk enough, and suck at math" OOPS, make that "suck at language". I guess there is something magical about giving birth to sons that helps us keep a more opened mind.

Keep On Dancing*
By kandykanePremium member
On Sun Sep 18, 2011 03:38 PM
Women can paint our toenails and not be perceived as weird. Really, it doesn't get much better than a good pedicure! Superficially, speaking of course.

Meh, I don't feel like delving deeper right now.

kk~
On Sun Sep 18, 2011 03:47 PM
FeelLikeDancin wrote:

To be honest, I'd much rather reply to panic's thread. I'd have a lot more to work with over there. In general, I dislike women. I get along so much better with men.

HOWEVER, there are exceptions to every rule and men can be real jerks at times too. It's a crapshoot.

It's ok if you reply to panic's post here. We'll be understanding, supportive, and polite.

We're women!

I'm sorry you dislike women. Is it really women? or girls? or mother in laws?

Hugs
xoxo

Keep On Dancing*
By Prima_ballerina5member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat Sep 24, 2011 07:57 PM
I love that when you've had a bad day you can count on your female friends to listen, or bring over chocolate, or give advice, or go out dancing.
re: Why Women are Wonderful (in every way) (karma: 2)
By LoriCook
On Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:38 AM
Women can comment on a picture you posted of yourself on facebook saying you are "beautiful", "gorgeous" and "sexy" and it isn't creepy or filled with ulterior motives (usually!)

All my best cake recipies are from women.

A woman will let your borrow her shoes or her fancy dress coat.

You can talk menses, child birth stories and menopause with a woman and she gets it.

A woman actually enjoys your stories about funny things your toddler says.

Most women are really good at hiding flatulence.

But now I have to give the men some kudos. Generally speaking I like a man's sense of humor, their taste in movies and the way they laugh without restraint at poop jokes.

I am surrounded by men and boys. I think they are fun. They can open jars. They don't comment about my clothing or style. They think I am sometimes a xxxxx but mostly they don't worry about it and chalk it up to the mysteries of PMS without holding a grudge.

Generally I just like people. The cheerful ones, the funny ones, the people who forgive and assume the best of others, the ones who lift you up instead of pulling you down into the mire. But there is also a place in my heart for those who are sarcastic and witty and can make you laugh until you cry. People who are not overly polite. I like them too.
By mandakp
On Fri Oct 07, 2011 03:45 AM
I'm going to have to agree mostly with the 'I prefer guys to girls thing" I mean yeah, our bodies are far hotter than guys, duh.

But, I have probably 50/50 girls/guys friends, and i much prefer the guys. They're not interested in bitching or gossiping and 'she said this she did this' sort of crap. I much prefer going out with guys, it's so much more casual too! ANd I prefer the conversation with guys, I'm not a huge fan of discussing toenails and magazines and makeup, I much prefer discussing music and sports with my guys!
By madseasonPremium member
On Sun Nov 27, 2011 04:43 PM
I'm a guys girl and all of my friends are guys, I suppose because in my experience they are far more laid back, less self conscious and less catty. That said I am very thankful that I don't have a few fuzzy danglers and a naked mole rat in a turtleneck occupying my undies. That would just be inconvenient.

Also, I like that I can be passionate about animal rescue, ballet, art etc without being accused of being gay or effeminate.

I like that it's ok for my bath products to smell a.w.e.s.o.m.e. I don't have to be manipulated into wearing axe or some other 'man' scent that really smells like a mix of hairspray and ox butt.

I think there is something very beautiful and powerful about being a women. Every woman I know wears the pants in her household, and women can be fierce, brave, bold, and beautiful but also very gentle, kind and loving in a way that women alone posses- its a maternal, womanly kind of nurturing love that is different from the way most men express love.

But men are awesome too.
On Sun Nov 27, 2011 09:23 PM
^It is nice to see this thread revived.

It seems the perfect time of year to celebrate women's contribution to every holiday celebration.

Women usually are at the heart of every family tradition. When something tragic happens, the holidays are never as warm and fuzzy as they were when mom or grandma ran the show.

Keep On Dancing*

ReplySendWatch