Forum: Arts / Photography - Artistic

Photography - Artistic
Advise on replacement (body only) for my Canon Digital Rebel XT 8MP Digital SLR Camera
By smileywomanmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 11032, member since Sat Sep 17, 2005
On Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:12 AM
Edited by smileywoman (141214) on 2011-09-24 11:16:04 update
Edited by smileywoman (141214) on 2011-09-24 11:33:36 ...
Edited by smileywoman (141214) on 2011-09-24 11:52:12 ....

Four years ago I bought the above referenced camera with the advise of DDNer Kathy. Unfortunately after four years of use the camera's auto focus and shutter button stopped working completely. The camera repair shop quoted me a price to 'repair' which equals the price of getting a new camera body!?? :(

I have original 55mm lens and accessories for that camera so want to pick a compatible Canon Digital SLR. Any advise would be appreciated and I have some questions.

1. Would newer Canon EOS Rebel models be compatible with my Rebel XT 8M lens and accessories?

2. Are there any thoughts/views on a particular model?

EXAMPLE (both priced the same)
Canon EOS Rebel T3i 18 MP CMOS Digital SLR Camera

OR

Canon EOS Rebel T2i 18 MP CMOS APS-C Digital SLR Camera

3. Instead of buying a new Canon Rebel body to go with the original 55mm lens, I could buy a compatible camera, say with a 135mm lens, right?

4. BIG QUESTION: Is the T2i or T3i compatible with the Rebel XT

COMPARISON between T2i and T3i

The T2i has 10% less lag between shots, 30% smaller/lighter (larger view finder).

The only advantage of the T3i is flip out screen (I don't care).

2 Replies to Advise on replacement (body only) for my Canon Digital Rebel XT 8MP Digital SLR Camera

re: Advise on replacement (body only) for my Canon Digital Rebel XT 8MP Digital SLR Camera
By Kathymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 10713, member since Wed Mar 05, 2003
On Sat Oct 08, 2011 01:35 PM
I´ll look at your questions later. :)
re: Advise on replacement (body only) for my Canon Digital Rebel XT 8MP Digital SLR Camera
By Kathymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 10713, member since Wed Mar 05, 2003
On Wed Oct 26, 2011 02:04 PM
I´m sorry, this takes a little longer.... just have no time to research (not even time to research which models you actually mean, I know Canon under other names...).

But one short thing:

Canon lenses fit on Canon cameras. Which camera model doesn´t matter. (Might be that very old Canon leses do not fit anymore, but yours isn´t that old.)

ReplySendWatch