Forum: Arts / Food & Beverage

Page:
Page 6 of 61 2 3 4 5 6
re: Cookie Swap
By UberGoobermember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 6414, member since Sat May 15, 2004
On Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:20 PM
Made cookies yesterday for an actual cookie exchange. I could post the actual recipe, but it's quite simple. It's a basic drop cookie dough (whatever your favorite chocolate chip recipe is), but instead of adding chocolate chips, you add white chocolate chips, craisins (dried cranberries), and cashews. Nom.
By ChristinePremium member Comments: 6817, member since Wed Feb 04, 2009
On Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:11 PM
Image hotlink - 'https://scontent-a-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/1524739_10152468357074447_1901773434_n.jpg'

I'm about to make some (Jack Daniel's) Bourbon Balls to mellow for a while, then it's time for some marathon baking.

What is everyone else making this season?

Keep On Dancing*
re: Cookie Swap (karma: 1)
By SoloJazzDancer Comments: 21529, member since Wed Jun 30, 2004
On Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:26 PM
I made some sugar cookies. Nobody in my family likes sugar cookies but the blogger said they were soft sugar cookies. They seemed to have a lot of butter in them compared to the sugar and the dough didn't have to sit in the fridge before I rolled them out. I also made them chocolate by adding in some cocoa. I like how they came out and everyone liked them.

I made something called Guru Goodies. It's a recipe from the 60's, hence the name. It's 1 12oz. pkg. of chocolate chips, 4 cups of colored mini marshmallows, and 1 cup of Peanut Butter, crunchy. My dad likes the non crunchy so we use that. Melt the P.B. and chocolate in a pan on top of the stove. When it's all melted, take it off the burner and add in the marshmallows. Stir until coated and then pour into a well greased 9" pan. Put into the fridge and when they are hard, cut them into bars. If I don't make these, I get in big trouble.

I made some no bake PB and Chocolate balls. I don't remember the exact recipe but they have rolled oats, chocolate chips, PB and in the end you drizzle melted chocolate over them. I may make them again because they are tiny so they are a 1 bite cookie ball and they were so easy to make. I only made 30 I think and they will go quick.

Last but not least I made Christmas Crack. My mom's boss loved this last year. We have plenty of cookie tins so all these are in tins in our cellar where it's at least 10 degrees cooler then in our house. I want to make the ones with Hershey's Kisses on top and some Eggnog Cookies I made once before. They are a little crispy on the outside but soft and chewy inside.
On Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:32 AM
Not a recipe... but I stumbled across this and immediately thought of DDN

Gluten free, Easter Bunny, SNICKERDOODLES!

Image hotlink - 'http://media.shopwell.com/gladson/00013562320219_full.jpg'

Keep On Dancing*
On Fri May 09, 2014 01:25 PM
Just thought I'd give this a little bump in case anyone has any new, fun, or exciting cookies to share.
Image hotlink - 'http://i349.photobucket.com/albums/q365/musecouch/key/dancing-cookies.gif'

Keep On Dancing*
On Fri May 09, 2014 02:26 PM
We had a problem with our oven. If you set it for 350 it was 300-325 once the oven dinged to say it was 350. It would eventually get up to 350 but that was 10-15 min. after it said 350 was reached. I bought an oven thermometer and it told me the oven wasn't right. I made a pork roast and it was raw in a lot of places which is why we bought the oven thermometer. Turns out one of the sensors was gone. Until we got it fixed, I didn't want to bake anything like cookies in case they a lot of them came out bad. Now that it's fixed I can't wait to bake cookies again.

What I wish our state would let me do but it won't, is allow me to bake cookies in my kitchen and sell them. What I would like to do is advertise that I will bake cookies for a wedding, a birthday party, Christmas, any occasion where you would need a bunch of cookies. I make 7 different kinds of cookies at Christmas for my family and I am a great cookie, bars, and just general cook. My mom is 86, my dad is 90. Mom has only been hospitalized to have me and my 2 sisters. My dad has been hospitalized during the war and in the early 60's when he had a staff infection in his knee. What I am trying to say is they have never had food poisoning from anything I cooked or baked. My middle sister did twice and it wasn't from me, it was from 2 different restaurants in CA! I really wish they would let me do this. We can have bake sales in our town and where do you think the stuff is baked but I can't sell my stuff. It's not fair! Oh well, when I bake more cookies I will post a recipe.
On Fri May 09, 2014 10:02 PM
^In the state where I used to live there were similar regulations. I knew several caterers who rented commercial kitchen space from churches and fire companies at off times and froze their stuff. They delivered directly to their customers, and if the board of health checked up on them, the churches would cover them because they'd paid xxx for xxx # of hours.

You might find a similar loophole.

Good luck

Keep On Dancing*
On Fri May 09, 2014 10:31 PM
I like that idea but different ovens work differently. I know how my oven works. Our kitchen is clean but probably not clean enough for a health inspector. Like I say both parents are 86 and 90, both living and neither have ever had food poising. You would think that would be good enough for them. Thanks for the info though.
On Sat May 23, 2015 08:01 AM
Image hotlink - 'https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/10404072_10153038819880865_8726822496064874985_n.jpg?oh=c0bade9e76e6325cb35aa26c63b75e3c&oe=560C8E39'

I just saw these "Book Of Mormon" cookies.... what a great show!

Hope everyone is well...

Keep On Dancing*
On Sat May 23, 2015 03:01 PM
I'm guessing you didn't make these. They are adorable! Thanks for the send and letting us see them!
On Sat May 23, 2015 05:50 PM
SoloJazzDancer wrote:

I'm guessing you didn't make these. They are adorable! Thanks for the send and letting us see them!

No, I didn't make them, but I just saw The Book Of Mormon a few months ago so I was excited when I saw them.

Also, the week after Halloween the Black food coloring gel is half price so it's something to think about for another time.... Or if any of my kids become missionaries!

Keep On Dancing*
On Fri Jul 01, 2016 09:28 PM
I just discovered a really easy "cheat" cookie.

I was trying to use up some stuff in my pantry and threw together some classic ingredients to make a small batch of cookies.

Cream together:
1 stick of butter
1/2 cup white sugar

Add:
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 tsp. vanilla

Sift in:

1-1/4 cup flour
1 tsp. baking soda

Add:

2 envelopes Maple & Brown Sugar Instant Oatmeal (1.5 oz.each)
1 cup chopped walnuts.

I rolled the dough into 1 inch balls and baked them on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet @375 degrees for about 9 minutes.

I wish I could take pictures and post them but I'm just not that skilled. The cookies, however, were delicious.

Keep On Dancing*
On Fri Jul 01, 2016 09:39 PM
My dad loves that oatmeal so I couldn't do this. However, at Rite Aid they sell a 2 pack of this cream of wheat cereal and then I could make this. Your recipe sounds yummy1
On Fri Jul 01, 2016 09:52 PM
SoloJazzDancer wrote:

My dad loves that oatmeal so I couldn't do this. However, at Rite Aid they sell a 2 pack of this cream of wheat cereal and then I could make this. Your recipe sounds yummy1

I don't know if cream of wheat would translate. I've fooled around with this instant oatmeal before and the maple sugar is a significant flavor element. That is why I added the nuts and cut down the sugar, which is a tenderizer as well as sweetener.

If you try it with cream of wheat, please let me know how it works out. I happen to love cream of wheat but never used it in cookies.

xoxo

Keep On Dancing*
On Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:05 PM
Oh! My bad! I saw Maple Brown Sugar and my dad eats that Cream of Wheat and I didn't notice it didn't say that. I need to read more carefully. Okay, I would still like to try the recipe anyway. Thanks for letting us know how it worked.
By Sumayah Comments: 6876, member since Wed Nov 12, 2008
On Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:31 PM
I made cookies!

1) eggnog cookies
2) iced eggnog cookies
3) displayed eggnog cookies

Recipes will follow when I'm not on my phone. Or not tipsy. Whichever.
By Sumayah Comments: 6876, member since Wed Nov 12, 2008
On Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:32 PM
Bonus bourbon balls (and champagne).
Page:
Page 6 of 61 2 3 4 5 6

ReplySendWatch