Forum: Advice / Stretching Photos - Misc

Stretching Photos - Misc
Igenious use of old boat mooring rings
By rockytoo Comments: 347, member since Sun Aug 10, 2003
On Thu Sep 29, 2011 04:49 AM

Very talented girl having holiday fun on the beach

11 Replies to Igenious use of old boat mooring rings

re: Igenious use of old boat mooring rings (karma: 1)
By TuniePremium member Comments: 1995, member since Mon Aug 08, 2005
On Thu Sep 29, 2011 08:50 AM
Oh yes, brilliant idea. Doesn't look dangerous at all....
re: Igenious use of old boat mooring rings
By noachkamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2116, member since Mon Jun 20, 2005
On Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:04 PM
It looks about as dangerous as doing the butterfly stretch while sitting at it -- not at all. She's obviously got the flexibility.
By CompactDiscomember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1076, member since Fri Aug 29, 2008
On Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:21 PM
Jealousjealousjealousjealousjealous....

Did I mention that I'm jealous? Thats awesome! Yikes!
On Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:39 PM
^^ It's not about the flexibility. It is about the lack of control of the stretch. So many things could very easily go wrong in that situation and that girl could be seriously injured.
By Chris73 Comments: 30, member since Sat Nov 19, 2011
On Sun Nov 20, 2011 08:09 AM
That's crazy! I hope her father saw this or heard about it and and managed to scold some serious sense into her. She's such a beautiful girl and all it would take would be one slight slip and she could end up as a quadriplegic for the rest of her life. I know if I was her dad she would never get away with that.
By Chaconnemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 6359, member since Thu Jul 12, 2007
On Sun Nov 20, 2011 08:50 AM
LOL, I did something like that...more like the splits...and not deliberate. I had untied one end of my sailboat from the dock and was about to hop on the deck from the dock. Just then a gust came up and blew that end away from the dock. I had one foot on the dock, the other on the boat as the gust came up. I ended up swimming :P.

I was new to sailing at the time and had just bought the boat. I subsequently learned better methods for docking and undocking. This was a rookie mistake you only do once. I also did not have a change of clothes with me except for a (fortunately) opaque plastic rain suit the previous owner had left on the boat when I bought it. The marina owner lived on premises and his wife put my clothes in a dryer so I could get home. While my clothes were drying, she taught me the correct methods to dock and undock.

Jon
By AnRinceoirRuamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 175, member since Mon Dec 20, 2010
On Sat Dec 31, 2011 01:02 AM
Wow... did not know the human body was capable of this. It does look pretty dangerous, but I'm of the opinion that if people have the right to engage in risky or destructive behavior as long as their only endangering themselves. Still, I hope she doesn't hurt herself.
By LlamaLlamaDuckmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 7765, member since Sun Nov 21, 2004
On Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:43 PM
I just wanted to make the OP aware that someone has used this picture as part of a youtube video.

It came up when i was on youtube on my kobo... but can't find it on my laptop now.

I'll keep looking... but I just remember seeing the picture as part of the description...
On Sun Jan 01, 2012 03:47 PM
I don't think the OP has the rights to this photo anyway. But just out of curiosity, what context was the photo being used in? What was the main point of the video?
By rockytoo Comments: 347, member since Sun Aug 10, 2003
On Mon Jan 09, 2012 03:47 AM
Some express concern over the girl's welfare but, although I wasn't there when the picture was taken, she certainly looks quite happy about what she is doing - or is being done to her! If she had a look of anguish then it would be questionable, but she appears to be very much enjoying herself.
By moara Comments: 955, member since Thu Jun 24, 2004
On Mon Jan 09, 2012 06:32 AM
Kids enjoy doing stupid things all the time. It doesn't mean they aren't dangerous.

ReplySendWatch