Forum: Competitions

New York Dance Experience Steps / Broadway Dance?
By elee615
On Fri Sep 30, 2011 09:45 PM

I am looking to take a step back from competitions with our dance company and only doing one this year, and maybe bringing them into New York to take some classes . I know there are a couple different types of programs you can have help you to create a dance experience for your dancers but I was wondering if anyone had any past experiences similar to what I'm looking for.

I'd like them to be able to take some dance classes and still have some time to enjoy the city.

I wanted to know if Steps or Broadway dance center offer opportunities like this?

Thanks in advance.

4 Replies to New York Dance Experience Steps / Broadway Dance?

re: New York Dance Experience Steps / Broadway Dance?
By Frogdogdance
On Sat Oct 01, 2011 06:17 AM
I'm interested in some answers to this, too, as I'd like to take my kids to NYC also in the summer of 2013.
By DestinationDnCr
On Sat Oct 01, 2011 07:22 AM
I know at BDC you can set up a group class if you have a large group, that may be your best option. If you have a smaller group you can take any of the regularly scheduled classes. Just call ahead to let them know you will be coming with a group.

I can recommend some instructors that are more kid friendly, if you try to set up a group class.

Tip: Don't take any level higher than advanced beginner.

If your kids are tumblers, you can also do that at Chelsea Piers.
By Triskitmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat Oct 01, 2011 08:02 AM
Both STEPS and BDC offer programs for groups. You can find most of their info about this on their websites. You then email the coordinator and they will send you more info and help you set up the best options for your group.
By elee615
On Mon Oct 03, 2011 09:39 PM
Thanks so much for the information. I'll look at the websites and email them

ReplySendWatch