Forum: Adults / Baby On Board

Well, lookee here... (karma: 1)
By GingerPremium member
On Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:38 AM

I'm pregnant!

I found out last Sunday evening but it has been such a shock (definitely an 'oops' baby!) that it has taken me a while to process it. My period was late, but for the past two weeks I'd had really sore breasts the way I often get right before my period (sorry, TMI!). Finally, after about 2 weeks of waiting for it to come, I took a test and was totally shocked. After I found out some other things started falling into place...like, I woke up one morning and felt awful, retching into the toilet and called in sick to work, and I then proceeded to sleep until 1:30pm (sleeping through two alarms). In the last week I haven't actually gotten sick again, but I've had this vague feeling of nausea almost constantly.

This is our first, and we're SO excited (now that our heads are wrapped around it at least). I haven't been to a doctor yet but I used an online due date calculator, and it looks like my due date will be 3-4 weeks before our wedding is scheduled. Yikes. We aren't planning to postpone it at all, but I am a bit nervous about the dress that my mom just bought about 3 weeks ago. It's in a teeny size because I'm teeny now...but who knows in nine months? I know I have to call up the dress shop and tell them and ask if they can change my size, but my mom paid for it...and I don't want them to tell her, since we're not planning on telling people in real life until around Christmas.

(Which is why I'm blabbing the news to DDN right now!) Seriously, out of all the things to be worried/a bit stressed out about when you find out you're pregnant, I'm worrying about my wedding dress.

On that note, anyone ever been married/been to a wedding with a tiny baby? I do want to be able to enjoy my wedding...and I don't want to leak milk all over my expensive dress! But I also have a feeling I won't want to leave my baby's side for a minute soooo I am a bit mixed up.

9 Replies to Well, lookee here...

re: Well, lookee here...
By Gioiamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:01 PM
Congratulations! My boss at my former job got pregnant while she was planning her wedding. It was a 2 step wedding of sorts though, they went on a cruise when she was about 4 months pregnant and got hitched, then they waited and had a big reception just after she had the baby. For whatever reason they decided to push the reception back until after she had the baby. I can't remember exactly how old the baby was but what I do know is that her wedding dress she had purchased still fit her when she was 4 months pregnant and also after she had the baby and wore it to the reception. I don't remember the baby being there except for the very beginning of the reception. Whatever the case, I am sure you will look beautiful!
By Queen_Jojo
On Sat Oct 22, 2011 06:15 PM
Congratulations!!
I got married when I was 6 months pregnant. I didn't wear a wedding dress, and got married in a Registry office as getting married in a church when pregnant was a bit hypocritical.
I have seen a few ladies with VERY large bellies waddling in to the registry office to get married.
The only downside of getting married when pregnant is you can't have a drink!
Good luck with the pregnancy and the wedding

Queenie xx
By Moonlitefairy06member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat Oct 22, 2011 08:56 PM
Using the online counter thing she said she would be having the baby about a month before the wedding, not after, so she won't be pregnant for the wedding if the online counter was accurate. So she may be able to have champagne at the wedding after all!

Anyway, congrats Ginger and good luck with planning everything at once!
By SiyoNqobamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Mon Oct 24, 2011 03:55 AM
Edited by SiyoNqoba (34789) on 2011-10-24 03:56:09
Wow, congratulations!

Good luck with preparing for a marriage and a new baby! I'm sure you'll be fine :)
By Live_on_Broadway
On Mon Oct 24, 2011 04:22 AM
Congratulations!! :D

I'm a huge diary lurker, and I just squealed when I read the news! 2012 is going to be an exciting year for you! Good luck with all the preparations.
By Kekoamember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Oct 24, 2011 09:25 AM
Congratulations! I'd imagine if you get some heavy duty breast pads, you shouldn't ruin your dress. Also, maybe you could get a cute little outfit for the baby and have your maid of honor hold him/her during the service?
By Moonlitefairy06member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:27 PM
My college cheerleading coach had a baby shortly before her wedding and they had him in his carriage up with the bridal party and when it was over they put a sign on the carriage that said "My Mommy and Daddy Just Got Married". It was cute.
By GingerPremium member
On Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:50 AM
Aw, thanks guys! It's good to hear I am not the only crazy person who got married with a newborn!

Kekoa, that's sort of what I'm thinking of doing- if it's a girl, I plan to put her in something fluffy and adorable like this- and have someone hold her (or him). MOH is a good idea, since my fiance thinks that our mothers would gladly take part in a cage match to decide who got to hold the baby during the wedding, lol! The carriage is a good idea too!
By Queen_Jojo
On Tue Oct 25, 2011 04:37 PM
I'm really not good at reading things properly!!
The only downside to getting married with a newborn is not knowing what size you will be!! It took me 7 months to loose my baby weigh with number one. Though, number 3 it was only a week!
(I did know someone who left hospital in size 8 jeans!!)

Queenie xx

ReplySendWatch