Forum: Highland / Highland - Hornpipe

help with how to clean a white hornpipe outfit
By wee_girldancer
On Thu Oct 27, 2011 06:42 AM

I just purchased a white Hornpipe outfit which was described as very good condition. However i feel it needs to be cleaned because of marks on leg of trousers and a mark on the front bid. Please advise which is the best way to remove these marks without ruining the outfit.

3 Replies to help with how to clean a white hornpipe outfit

re: help with how to clean a white hornpipe outfit
By MumofBear
On Thu Oct 27, 2011 09:29 PM
I take ours to the drycleaners. I'm not sure if they dryclean it or wash it or what they do, but it comes back looking nice and clean, pressed, and crisp. Probably the safest way to go!
By highlandmum67
On Fri Oct 28, 2011 06:02 AM
Probably depends on what fabric the outfit is made from. I make my daughters outfits out of scuba knit and i wash it on gentle or hand wash cyle with cold water in the machine (front loader) and hang to dry. pulling it out of the machine as soon as it is finished ensures i dont need to iron.
By scottiedog440
On Fri Oct 28, 2011 07:07 PM
We wear white too and spots and dirt are an issue, they often cannot be seen from a distance. I have heard that white vinegar will get out the crease and dark line from re=hemming. I have not tried it but that might help. I use gentle soap and a toothbrush to scrub out stubborn stains. Good luck and if you find something let us all know

ReplySendWatch