Forum: Advice / Guys Only PG-13

Guys Only PG-13
First Dance Belt Issues
By E123 Comments: 5, member since Sat Nov 05, 2011
On Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:50 PM

Hello Everyone! So, I bought my first dance belt(thong back) and I don't think it fits right. I will try to describe the fit. The thong is all the way up my butt and if I plié it goes even further up. I expected tension but not that much. Also most importantly, when I have my tights on I can see visible lines of my penis and scrotum. Yes, everything is supported but I thought that the dance belt creates a smooth bulge and no visible lines. I know it is not too small but I am afraid if I buy a larger size that my scrotum will slide out. If anyone could give me any advice, that would be great!!! :)

Sincerely,
E123

4 Replies to First Dance Belt Issues

re: First Dance Belt Issues
By panicmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 11592, member since Thu Dec 16, 2004
On Sun Nov 06, 2011 01:24 AM
The thong is all the way up my butt and if I plié it goes even further up.
So you're saying it basically thrusts itself up inside your anus? That IS strange.

Also most importantly, when I have my tights on I can see visible lines of my penis and scrotum.
You don't say. If this is your most important concern, your priorities are misplaced. We don't use the term "bulge" in the dance world. It's pervy. I'm not a prude, but I'm really not thrilled that your first post on this site contains the words "bulge", "scrotum", and "penis". The primary purpose of this site is to discuss DANCE - not underwear.

If anyone could give me any advice, that would be great!!!
Focus less on your genitalia and more on your technique. But if you're seriously THAT embarrassed about your underwear, choose a dance belt with thicker padding. Or put on some damn shorts. It's not rocket science.
By DailyDancer Comments: 8, member since Tue Oct 06, 2009
On Fri Nov 11, 2011 06:28 AM
I know your problem and yes, i think it is something to talk about, especially in the Guys PG-13.
We should help people with these kind of issues and try to not call them rude, because they explain something they are concerned about. Ballet is also about aesthetic and if you dont feel comfortable in your clothes, its difficult to "feel" aesthetic and therefore to BE.

A dancebelt with thicker padding is the best idea. I strongly recommend the Sansha Dancebelt, if you can get if from somewhere. It has a rather wide waistband and the padding is really thick compared to other dancebelts padding such as the Capezio one.

Keep on!

greets.
On Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:55 AM
Edited by E123 (243147) on 2011-11-12 01:06:31
Hi Panic. :) Thank-you so much for your correspondence. I did notice that you sound upset or offended by my post. However, now that I re read what I wrote, I could have reworded it so that it sounded more professional. Therefore,I would like to apologize if my post was offensive to you or others in any way. Being that I am new to the Ballet scene, I am not aware of the proper terminology used in the dance world that refer to genitalia along with a plethora of other things pertaining to dance so I ask for everyone to bear with me with relevance to that. However, I would like to thank you for the information posted. Most importantly, I thank you so much for taking the time out to give me advice. God bless!
On Sat Nov 12, 2011 01:12 AM
Edited by E123 (243147) on 2011-11-12 01:25:09
Edited by E123 (243147) on 2011-11-12 01:25:56
DailyDancer! Thank-you for replying to my post! I will look for the dance belt that you mentioned. Your advice makes sense. Thank you for being so helpful and encouraging. :) I truly appreciate it.

ReplySendWatch