Forum: Advice / Girls Only PG-13

My boyfriend's bestfriend told him she likes him?? :/
By Alibly
On Sat Nov 05, 2011 06:55 PM

So the other day my boyfriend told me that his best friend told him she likes him. My boyfriend and I have only been going out a couple of months, but we're both very into it and serious. Now, see, him and the girl involved had a thing going a while ago, before I really knew him. Since then they have been the best of friends. And, at first their closeness bothered me, but I became more accepting that they were just friends. He told her he sees her as a sister, but I still worry.

But then she told him all of this, that she missed him?? I'm just so confused, hy would she tell him when he's clearly not single? I really trust him, but not her... They're in a band together which means they spend time together a lotand i'm so scared she's going to try flirting and all... :/ Has anyone else been like this??

5 Replies to My boyfriend's bestfriend told him she likes him?? :/

re: My boyfriend's bestfriend told him she likes him?? :/
By liv5
On Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:10 PM
If you trust your boyfriend, then thats that. If you really like/love him you'll want whats best for him, and if he see's this girl as a sister then take his word for it. tell him that you trust him about it, which will make you guys closer together. Don't stress too much about it, try talking to the girl about it and tell her that he's YOUR boyfriend, sorry but she is just going to have to move on or ignore her feelings for him. You could try confronting her with your boyfriend, if you think she won't get too embarased or intimidated. hope eveything turns out fine :)
By AlwaysOnStagePremium member
On Sun Nov 06, 2011 06:40 AM
Have you talked to your boyfriend?

I mean, I get what she was going for: the whole "don't make decisions you will regret, tell him before it's too late" but it is kinda tacky to bring it up when he's committed to another girl. However, just because she's said that she misses him / still likes him doesn't mean that anything has changed. In fact, I'd fancy a guess that boyfriend already knew that if he spends so much time with her...he probably knew it and has still been faithful to you.

So, I guess my point is that it's okay that you feel conflicted about it, but I don't think there's much to worry about. Maybe talk to your bf about how that makes you a little uncomfortable because you feel like she's going to be spending all of her time trying to steal him away from you. However, don't ask him to stop hanging out with her or to leave the band or anything: that would be an overreaction.
By KODancer94
On Wed Nov 09, 2011 07:31 AM
I would try talking to him, clarifying that things are ok and you have nothing to worry about. Do you know the girl personally? I guess it doesn't really doesn't matter, I wouldn't confront HER about it either way, but I would suggest talking to your boyfriend. But if you both trust each other, I'm sure things will be fine :) I wouldn't worry about it too much, it's more her problem than your's. After all, she's the one who doesn't have enough respect to keep quiet. Good luck!
By Alibly
On Thu Nov 10, 2011 02:48 PM
Thank you you guys :) You all really helped.
I spoke to him about it and to be honest think the whole thing hjas brought us closer. i trust him and he's promised all is well between us :) I'm thinking I might talk to her if it comes up. Thanks again :) I appriciate the help :D
By ladybugbop
On Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:00 PM
Oh my goodness I just read this and though....I don't remember posting this! Cause I'm going through the exact same thing! I would definitely not try and make a big deal out of it if you trust him but maybe talk to the girl, tell her it makes you uncomfortable how she's talking to him and that you guys are happy together. Maybe your boyfriend should let her know that he's happy with you and that he still wants to be friends with her but that's it!!! And if she can't stop saying stuff like that tell him it bothers you and if he cares enough about you he shouldn't be leading her on or hanging out with he too much.

ReplySendWatch