Forum: Photos

Valya shooting Sprout commercial on Monday
By Dream_chaserPremium member
On Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:44 AM

Our little sprout will be filming her second commercial, on Monday, in Philly, for Sprout. They have some lines to be familiar with, but they said they did not need to memorize them.

Here are the lines...

This is the perfect place to play!

Don’t forget the sun!

And the stars!

I love playing games!

And I love seeing my Sprout friends!

Let’s send this to Sprout!

My daughter will be going with her, this time. I am happy that she was able to take off to be with her, since I know that she feels bad that she misses out a great deal with her work schedule.

14 Replies to Valya shooting Sprout commercial on Monday

re: Valya shooting Sprout commercial on Monday
By GetRhythmmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:56 AM
Congratulations! I can't wait to see the commercial. :)
On Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:31 PM
If I can find it, thanks!! They do not help you with that. You have to hope you find their ads or commercials.
By NDow
On Fri Nov 11, 2011 02:10 PM
That's a lot of lines! I guess they shoot bit by bit, so they can cue or redo when necessary. I hope Valya enjoys this job, and do let us know where we can see the finished product, when you find it!
On Fri Nov 11, 2011 03:09 PM
They cue them. We practiced saying them. She has no problem with them and if she had to, could do it, but I think that they want it more spontaneous. It's to promote their new website, actually.
By trfrancis
On Sat Nov 12, 2011 07:58 AM
Go Vayla!

Is the Target video she shout on their website?
On Sat Nov 12, 2011 08:22 AM
They changed her hair, so when I look at her, she does not look the same, lol. Also, they "lightened" her up. She was more tan than in the video and you never really get to see her face, much, just a glance, since it's about the pregnant mom.

I guess that they can do that with video. Anyway, I have it here, on her website. It's not a public site, just for us to share, when we want.

valya-lynn.weebly.com . . .

BTW, it was soooo hot that day. She got a blister from the shoes that they did not give her socks to wear with them and was getting cranky, from the heat (and now we know, but did not at the time, Lyme).

At least it was a union shoot, so hours were short. Non-union, not sure how they get away with it, it's much longer hours, but broken up.

How is your little one doing? Has he done any other work?
By trfrancis
On Sat Nov 12, 2011 08:32 AM
Edited by trfrancis (10199) on 2011-11-12 08:39:32 Addtl info
Ok I remember seeing the print ad some place. Was she the one on the swing?

Joseph is just getting out of his cast -he had a toddler fracture and couldn't do anything for 3 weeks. Last job he had was the weekly Target ad but they only used two of the four children they shot. He missed a few casting calls bc first he had a virus and after that his leg.

It gave me a break bc I was getting a bit burnt out.

I love her e-folio.

How is she managing with preschool and going on the bookings and calls? Joseph started day care in Sept Which is how he prob caught the virus and loves it. The stuff the do it's like he's in kindergarten already lol
By NDow
On Sat Nov 19, 2011 02:07 PM
Time for catch-up. How did Little Miss Sprout do with her commercial on Monday? Hope it went well!
By RosePremium member
On Sat Nov 19, 2011 05:09 PM
Pfff, she really is hard to find. There are 2 kids, not? Because the one that is seen most often, doesn't look like Valya. Somewhere with the swing I saw a glance of her.
On Sat Nov 19, 2011 06:08 PM
So far none of the jobs have made her miss school, so it's been fine.

Yeah, sometimes they shoot all of the kids and do not use them all, Lidwina, but they always get paid.

They changed what she, and a few others kids did, for the Sprout shoot. They had her do things like Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas, Happy new Year and such, so who knows where she will show up, but she still gets paid for the full commercial. It's just how it goes, but it's still on her resumé.

I am just taping all of the shows on Sprout, and each day, go through them. We are still looking for her Toys R Us commercial.
By CoachT
On Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:35 AM
Wow congrats...she is a doll ...I'll be looking for her:)
On Sun Nov 20, 2011 04:31 PM
Thanks, CoachT. It's fun.
By SpringsDance
On Sun Nov 20, 2011 09:15 PM
How fun! My daughter is pursueing this as well - she just turned 11, our area is slow and there is not much work so she is a little discouraged. She does a lot of local theater.
Kinda wish we lived closer to a big city!

I like your website - did you do that or did someone create if for you?
On Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:31 PM
I created it with weebly.com. It's free. I pay a small fee for the upgraded, but I have 9 sites for that fee. It's web creation for dummies, really!

Where are you located? It is hard when you are not near the big cities, but honestly, once they reach their teens, there is little work. They go for young looking people over 18. She is better off doing local theater and just being a kid.

I am sure, this will happen, with Valya, too, that we will reach a plateau. We are not looking for her to be some child star (God forbid), just to earn some money while the iron is hot.

There is always a time for that after graduation.

ReplySendWatch