Forum: Highland / Highland - Adult Dancers

Chicago Spring Fling - Extra Adult Category (27 & Over)
By emmyport
On Wed Nov 16, 2011 06:39 AM

I just received the entry form for the Spring Fling Dance Competition in Itasca, Illinois, on February 25 & 26, 2012, and guess what? They have added a new age category to their Pre-Championship offerings - 27 & Over! Short steps are danced for the Pre-Championship. There is also an Open Championship at this event, but oldest age group is 18 & Over, of course. I'm going to try my hardest to make it out for this competition in the interest of supporting events that support adult dancers! Feel free to PM me if you're interested in attending and need the entry form, I'd be happy to email it to you :)

6 Replies to Chicago Spring Fling - Extra Adult Category (27 & Over)

re: Chicago Spring Fling - Extra Adult Category (27 & Over)
By emmyport
On Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:27 PM
justdoit wrote:

Is the entry form available online somewhere?

Great question! I just did a quick Google search and could only find the 2010 form posted.

I received the entry via our Regional Registrar. If your teacher is a member of FUSTA she/he should have received it or will receive it soon, is my guess.

Hope that helps :)
By summerspring
On Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:31 AM
I would be interested in this for the following year if they have it again. In February 2012 I'll still have a massive baby bump to contend with!
By emmyport
On Fri Nov 18, 2011 02:52 PM
summerspring wrote:

I would be interested in this for the following year if they have it again. In February 2012 I'll still have a massive baby bump to contend with!

I have one word for you, summerspring: SPANX! ;)
By HighlandFireGirl
On Tue Jan 17, 2012 09:25 AM
Its so nice to see other adults dancing. My sister is 25 and I am 27. We recently started competing. I am only in novice but she just made it up to premier. We have been dancing since we were little but never competed. Our group is just a performance group. Its kinda daunting sometimes to dance against and 8 year old who doesnt have a full time job and has unlimited energy. Hope to see you all at Spring Fling!
By summerspring
On Tue Jan 17, 2012 04:14 PM
I definitely cannot fit a kilt to do a pre-championship at 29weeks. I am all belly during this pregnancy!

I have however, agreed to do Robbie Burns Day performances. Thank heavens for the fit of an aboyne and the polyester stretch hornpipes!

ReplySendWatch