Forum: Highland / Highland - Hornpipe

Nylons with the Hornpipe outfit
By jig28
On Fri Nov 18, 2011 02:40 PM
Edited by jig28 (203928) on 2011-11-18 14:41:05

Does anyone know if it's acceptable to wear nylons with the hornpipe outfit? I get different answers. Some say you'll lose points if you don't have socks on, others say it is acceptable. On all the dress rules websites it says socks, but some teachers say nylons are okay. I would probably go safe and wear socks, but my daughter prefers nylons. Anyone know for sure? What do the judges say?
I'd appreciate any insight. Thanks

4 Replies to Nylons with the Hornpipe outfit

re: Nylons with the Hornpipe outfit
By emmyport
On Fri Nov 18, 2011 02:55 PM
Dress code (www.sobhd.net . . .) states, "Socks: Plain white or navy". I generally just leave my nylons on (if changing from aboyne) and slip on some thin white or navy socks over them. Wear socks - it's a silly reason to lose points and I'm sure the judge would rather watch your daughter dance than worry about a possible costume deduction :)
By Tartanmum
On Fri Nov 18, 2011 09:31 PM
Socks must be worn with hornpipe outfit or else judges can deduct up to 5 points.
By rosalinde
On Wed Dec 21, 2011 02:43 AM
If your daughter prefers nylons, couldn't she get a pair of white nylon-socks? They are just as thin (she could even wear them over her nylons if changing quickly from Aboyne or Jig), but they'll give that 'white-sock' look.
By jig28
On Wed Dec 21, 2011 05:27 AM
Thank you! That is a great idea! I'm going to look for some.

ReplySendWatch