Forum: General / Jazz / Jazz - Professionals

Jazz - Professionals
Dancing at Disney
By FestivalBallerin Comments: 46, member since Sat Jul 30, 2011
On Tue Nov 22, 2011 08:15 PM

It's one of my dreams to dance at Disney and my mom said that when we go this summer (I'll be 16 which is the minimum age) I can audition! I've done ballet for 10 years and have had on and off experience in jazz, lyrical and hip hop for the past 4 years, mostly in jazz. I've taken some acting classes. I really want to do this does anyone have any audition tips?

2 Replies to Dancing at Disney

re: Dancing at Disney
By panicmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 11592, member since Thu Dec 16, 2004
On Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:29 AM
I've worked for Disney, and I have a lot of friends who work for them. Just keep in mind that image is as important as talent. You need to look squeeky clean. Hair and makeup needs to be perfect. Dress more modestly than for a typical dance audition. If you have a tattoo, don't even bother. Smile like your life depends on it, and be warm with the judges. You need to make them believe you're the nicest person in the world. Be prepared to talk to the judges and to answer questions. If you love Disney, you already know how a Disney employee is supposed to act - happy, calm, and polite under ALL circumstances. When you audition, you need to be that perfect Disney employee.

That said, they almost certainly won't hire you as a dancer at 16. Disney dancers are typically between 18 and 25. But DO go on the audition, because even if you don't get hired right away, they will remember you. Instead of focusing on getting hired immediately, focus on making a TERRIFIC impression. And if they give you advice during the audition, definitely listen to what they tell you. They hire a VERY specific type of dancer, and they know exactly what they're looking for.

Good luck!!
re: Dancing at Disney
By FestivalBallerin Comments: 46, member since Sat Jul 30, 2011
On Sat Dec 17, 2011 06:21 PM
thank you so much!! I'm basically just auditioning for experience but I want to figure out as much as can beforehand!!

ReplySendWatch