Forum: Arts / Pets

Curious question about my Beagle..... (karma: 1)
By rr_lover
On Sat Nov 26, 2011 06:29 PM

I'm not planning on showing her, and we don't even have papers for her BUT if we had would she be able to show? She's not fixed but i was wondering because she has these spots she wouldn't be able to show...like i said i'm just curious :).

4 Replies to Curious question about my Beagle.....

re: Curious question about my Beagle.....
By highlandrebelmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat Nov 26, 2011 08:57 PM
With AKC papers you could show her AKC. The ticking is allowed.

I hope you spay her soon.
By hummingbird
On Sat Nov 26, 2011 09:17 PM
No papers would seem to mean no shows in the US, I've looked up the AKC site and there are no exemption shows, this would mean shows exempt from AKC rules about needing papers.

One of the things you need to fill in on a show entry would be the Kennel Club registration number, if you don't have one you can't enter the show.

To tell you if she's be any good for showing we'd need to see her in a show stand and at a fast trot to be able to gauge her gait, even then there would be things we wouldn't be able to see.

If you do get papers and want to have a shot at showing her, go to a ringcraft class and ask for opinions.
By rr_lover
On Sun Nov 27, 2011 02:01 PM
highlandrebel wrote:

With AKC papers you could show her AKC. The ticking is allowed.

I hope you spay her soon.

Awesome :), we had no plans on showing her i was more curious then anything else, because of her markings if that was allowed.

We plan on getting her fixed buy spring time :).
By StarletteDancer
On Wed Dec 07, 2011 07:46 PM
There are mant events you can enter her in beside 'confomation' there is 'fly-ball', 'agility', 'obedience' and more.
You could join a 4-h club in your area.
Hope this helps give some ideas :)

ReplySendWatch