Forum: Advice / Guys Only PG-13

Guys Only PG-13
The Moontime Thread (Men's Edition) (karma: 2)
By panicmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 11592, member since Thu Dec 16, 2004
On Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:48 PM

In some ancient societies the time of a woman's menstrual period was a time for them to go someplace else with a bunch of other females. I've noticed nowadays we're not allowed to shun menstruating women like we used to - indeed like The Bible tells us to. But when you really think about it, why does it have to be negative? Women got a few days off from all the work (and women back then worked some HARD manual labor - women today are clearly just lazy), you got to chill out with other women on their time and talk talk talk. Because obviously, women don't like to talk talk talk the other 21 days of the month (if only).

I've wanted to start a Moontime thread for a while now so DDNers who have to live with women on their rag, being visited by Snoopy and the Red Baron, whoever has fallen off of the roof, has Aunt Flo visiting, could attract sharks in the ocean, are more likely to be attacked by hungry lions, has had their ship land or whatever euphemism you call it, we could all chill out together during it.

What would we talk about? Whatever you want. But mostly how women are complete beeyotches for an entire week every month. Don't talk about it being a blessing because it's obviously a total pain for everyone involved. Be glad its shown up if you were paranoid because of it possibly not showing up. Talk about how your women complains constantly about those darn cramps instead of just taking the damn ibuprofen like you've told her to at least 500 times. Bring along your home remedy ideas (I prefer a tall scotch on the rocks and a set of headphones). The skies the limit.

This thread is for men living with those during their Time. I figured it might be a comfort for a few days, especially if she's moody or having cramps. I normally don't get moody, but I know some ladies do.

So come on in, sit by the fire and bring your comfort food or drink of choice. I am currently sipping on a bourbon rickey.

(Mods, if you think this is stupid or a bad idea, I won't be upset at all. I'm still trying to figure out if this is a good idea or not, lol! No, I changed my mind. It's definitely a good idea.)

6 Replies to The Moontime Thread (Men's Edition)

re: The Moontime Thread (Men's Edition) (karma: 19)
By DailyDancer Comments: 8, member since Tue Oct 06, 2009
On Wed Nov 30, 2011 04:00 PM
Thanks again for this senseless thread you opened. Great.
re: The Moontime Thread (Men's Edition) (karma: 1)
By panicmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 11592, member since Thu Dec 16, 2004
On Wed Nov 30, 2011 04:32 PM
You're certainly welcome again. I know you're new so you can't give me karma right now. But why don't you make a note to come back when you become a full member? Again, again, you are welcome. It's so nice to feel appreciated.
re: The Moontime Thread (Men's Edition)
On Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:40 PM
Is it just me or does it seem like all women are PMSing at the moment? They just seem a little EXTRA crazy today. I think all their cycles are synced up or something. Even the normally sane(ish) ones are acting all uppity. Has anyone else noticed?
On Sun Dec 18, 2011 04:58 AM
Uhm....no...
re: The Moontime Thread (Men's Edition) (karma: 3)
On Sun Dec 18, 2011 04:59 AM
Uhm...to be honest....No...So it might be just you.
On Sun Dec 18, 2011 09:10 AM
Prolly. My estrogen levels have been all over the place lately. I think I just need a good cry and some scented candles. A little mani-pedi.

You know, for YEARS, I didn't know what a mani-pedi was. I sorta thought it was some kind of obscene sex act. Turns out, it just means getting your nails did.

ReplySendWatch