Forum: Ballet / Advanced & Professional Ballet

Advanced & Professional Ballet
Colorado Ballet
By StarBucks_Lovermember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 504, member since Fri Jan 25, 2008
On Fri Dec 02, 2011 02:35 PM
Edited by StarBucks_Lover (191023) on 2011-12-02 14:36:16

So I'm looking into companies that I will be auditioning for in the next few months and Colorado Ballet just seems like a good fit for me. Does anyone know anything about the company or just any little details about them? Also, if you know of any other small/medium sized ballet companies feel free to mention them. Thanks!

1 Replies to Colorado Ballet

re: Colorado Ballet
By lavieenrose Comments: 96, member since Mon Jul 17, 2006
On Thu Jan 26, 2012 08:37 AM
I know a little bit about them. They've grown tremendously in the past 15 years or so and are a very solid company now with steady funding. They do one or two of the classics each year with some mixed bills or more contemporary works in between.

Martin Fredman was the artistic director when I was a student at the school - he's now the director of the Kirov Academy. I actually am not familiar with any of the leadership folks now. They favor dancers with a strong Vaganova training - at least they used to, I'm not sure that's true anymore.

The company used to have some kind of relationship w/ ABT, I remember them using their sets and costumes for Giselle and many a couple of other performances.

I'm not sure what else you'd like to know, but I'll help if I can.

ReplySendWatch