Forum: Irish / Irish - MAIDs

A day late- or a week and a half
By China_Doll
On Mon Dec 12, 2011 05:25 AM

Finally got around to posting a photo of Sabre from the O's (dress and Makeup) It has been a hectic week at home.

21 Replies to A day late- or a week and a half

re: A day late- or a week and a half
By Tansey
On Mon Dec 12, 2011 05:43 AM
Lovely girl in a gorgeous dress! Great job with the crystals! Hope you all had a good Oireachtas.
By LlamaLlamaDuckmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Mon Dec 12, 2011 08:50 AM
OMG she's getting so grown up looking! I swear just yesterday she was still a little'un and now she looks so mature!
By China_Doll
On Mon Dec 12, 2011 08:59 AM
Well I have to admit- she looks about 15 years younger when you wash all the gunk off her face.

The make up she is in this time definitely pushes some boundaries for me but shows nicely on stage. I almost had a heart attack when the lovely lady at Mac pulled out black eye shadow for my 12 year old but after i took a step back and Saw it with the dress I kinda got over it.(I still double take if I am talking to her face to face with it on)

But yes she is turning 13 on Dec 30th (so shoulda held her in another day) and turns a u14 30 hours later hehe.
By krisinstitches
On Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:13 AM
I'm so totally in denial that the girls are U14 next year!

Sabre looked great at the O. Rachel is choosing to learn new steps rather than go to Cara this year. We may try Garden State. Otherwise, 4Ps will be our first feis. I'm just hoping she doesn't grow between now and then. (I'll definitely drive to Manassas to alter her new dress, rather than our local ladies.)

~Kris
By China_Doll
On Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:20 AM
Thanks- I wish I had thought to get more photos while they were all goofing off earlier in the day...I always semi forget I have a camera at competitions.

I think Garden state is a nice feis- and sashes vs trophies in prelim last year ;)
By krisinstitches
On Mon Dec 12, 2011 01:09 PM
I took a few, but they're all Teelin folks (so no help to you). I did so well at Coyle, but the stress of the O (just get it over with already!) kept my camera in my bag most of the time.
By jiggymommamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Mon Dec 12, 2011 05:52 PM
Love the dress and fantastic job with the crystals. Your dd's makeup looks nice too, not overdone at all.
By slipjiggerkenzie
On Mon Dec 12, 2011 06:31 PM
Beautiful dress!!!
By OMGjaimyemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Mon Dec 12, 2011 06:36 PM
Aww, she's beautiful! I totally saw you guys walking around too! I meant to come and introduce myself and then didn't get a chance! Next time :)
By Teamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Mon Dec 12, 2011 09:00 PM
Man, she looks so grown up. As others have said, she's gorgeous in the dress and whole get up. I don't think it's overdone but it certainly does make her so much more mature looking. She's growing into a beautiful young lady.
By Sakura_Efreet
On Mon Dec 12, 2011 09:33 PM
Her dress really is "stunning!" It's so beautiful. It's so cool that she designed it herself, too. Her and I started talking on the IDM website around 4 or 5 years ago. It's crazy to see her all grown up now when she was such a wee little girl back then. She is beautiful and the makeup is not over-done. I think it's very classy and good for the stage.
re: A day late- or a week and a half (karma: 2)
By Realtreble
On Tue Dec 13, 2011 08:31 AM
What can I say? Beauteous, brilliant, comely, dazzling, devastating, excellent, first-class*, first-rate*, gorgeous, great, heavenly, impressive, lovely, marvelous, number one*, pretty, ravishing, remarkable, sensational, smashing, spectacular, striking, superior, top, wonderful,incredible, marvelous, amazing, astounding, breathtaking, extraordinary, marvelous, miraculous, spectacular, staggering, startling, stupendous, wondrous, adorable, alluring, beautiful, beckoning, bewitching, captivating, charming, enchanting, engaging, enthralling, enticing, fetching, glamorous, good-looking, lovely, mesmeric, pleasing, winsome, tantalizing, tempting, winning,astonishing, breathtaking, exalted, far out, grand, intimidating, magnificent, majestic, mind-blowing*, moving, overwhelming, striking, wonderful, wondrous, admirable, angelic, appealing, bewitching, charming, classy, cute, dazzling, delicate, delightful, divine, elegant, excellent, exquisite, fair, fine, good-looking, graceful, grand, ideal, lovely, magnificent, marvelous, nice, pleasing, radiant, ravishing, refined, resplendent, splendid, sublime, superb, amazing, awe-inspiring, exciting, heart-stirring, magnificent, overwhelming and thrilling! I can't wait to see it live.

Do you consult on bling designs?
By China_Doll
On Tue Dec 13, 2011 08:34 AM
Realtreble wrote:

What can I say? Beauteous, brilliant, comely, dazzling, devastating, excellent, first-class*, first-rate*, gorgeous, great, heavenly, impressive, lovely, marvelous, number one*, pretty, ravishing, remarkable, sensational, smashing, spectacular, striking, superior, top, wonderful,incredible, marvelous, amazing, astounding, breathtaking, extraordinary, marvelous, miraculous, spectacular, staggering, startling, stupendous, wondrous, adorable, alluring, beautiful, beckoning, bewitching, captivating, charming, enchanting, engaging, enthralling, enticing, fetching, glamorous, good-looking, lovely, mesmeric, pleasing, winsome, tantalizing, tempting, winning,astonishing, breathtaking, exalted, far out, grand, intimidating, magnificent, majestic, mind-blowing*, moving, overwhelming, striking, wonderful, wondrous, admirable, angelic, appealing, bewitching, charming, classy, cute, dazzling, delicate, delightful, divine, elegant, excellent, exquisite, fair, fine, good-looking, graceful, grand, ideal, lovely, magnificent, marvelous, nice, pleasing, radiant, ravishing, refined, resplendent, splendid, sublime, superb, amazing, awe-inspiring, exciting, heart-stirring, magnificent, overwhelming and thrilling! I can't wait to see it live.

OK I just totally laughed out loud- THANK YOU!!! and yes- send anything over I will totally throw any ideas that pop in my head your way!
By krisinstitches
On Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:53 PM
China_Doll wrote:

Realtreble wrote:

OK I just totally laughed out loud- THANK YOU!!! and yes- send anything over I will totally throw any ideas that pop in my head your way!

And she gives good ideas! (I know, I've picked her brain several times...)
By FeisMom88
On Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:14 PM
China_Doll, you're a gem on the message boards! Thank you for your super helpful bling advice. So very appreciated.

Your daughter and her new dress are gorgeous! Lovely photo.

Happy holidays! Hope everyone is enjoying a bit of peace and calm after Oireachtas season.
By China_Doll
On Sun Dec 18, 2011 03:25 PM
FeisMom88 wrote:

China_Doll, you're a gem on the message boards! Thank you for your super helpful bling advice. So very appreciated.

Your daughter and her new dress are gorgeous! Lovely photo.

Happy holidays! Hope everyone is enjoying a bit of peace and calm after Oireachtas season.

Thanks so much and I am always Happy to help! I really do love playing with sparkly things ;)
By emcsmom
On Sun Dec 18, 2011 07:00 PM
I love the headband with the huge stones! Where did you find it?
also love the beautiful dress!
By China_Doll
On Mon Dec 19, 2011 03:15 PM
got ours from Jeanne - Head for the world.
By Realtreble
On Thu Dec 22, 2011 09:48 AM
emcsmom wrote:

I love the headband with the huge stones! Where did you find it?
also love the beautiful dress!

I also make them and can include colored stones to coordinate with your dress. [Note: the colored stones are not the largest of the Swarovski sizes.]
By nunchuck430
On Tue Feb 14, 2012 04:13 PM
this dress is beautiful!!!!
By China_Doll
On Wed Feb 15, 2012 05:54 AM
nunchuck430 wrote:

this dress is beautiful!!!!

Thanks so much it has taken it's rightful place in our house as Favorite dress;)

ReplySendWatch