Forum: Arts / Diaries

Page:
Page 3 of 8: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
re: May the Minotaur Never Catch You
By majeremember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sun Jun 17, 2012 05:52 AM
On Friday I tried my best to record some of my Zumba choreography to share on a facebook group. I recorded it outside because inside is too dark and I'd have to clean. Well, I was going to do it at 7am after my 6am walk. The walk didn't happen until 10am because it was raining. So, I went out at 11am to tape it. First I was using my video camera. I got most of it on tape but then the battery died. I didn't have any more batteries. Then I tried to use my digital camera. The memory card was full. So I deleted stuff. I managed to get it on tape. Then I tried to tape a second version of the same thing. Memory card was full again. Deleted more stuff, then record the bit that didn't get recorded. I was super hot and dripping sweat. Promptly after that I changed into a bathing suit and jumped in the pool (which I was dancing next to and was worried about falling into...).

----
I called the mattress store on Friday because that is what the guy who interviewed me said to do if I hadn't heard back by then. The manager wasn't there (it was his day off) and the sales guy who answered said he didn't think they had made a decision yet.
----

My dad showed my picture to people he works with (I wish he wouldn't but he does it alot). Some guy saw and said he wanted to meet me. So, I'm going to my dads work on Tuesday and I'm going to meet this guy. He's from Europe (Serbia), he's 28, divorced, has kids (I'm not sure how many) and he's really tall (like a foot taller than me). Oh, and he's an engineer. That is all I know. I have seen his picture. I'm not sure if he knows that I know this is a set up for us to meet (my dad is going to "forget" his lunch and I am going to bring it to him). I don't know what to think of this.
On Mon Jun 18, 2012 06:18 AM
Why do guys have to pay attention to me? Some guy from church friended me on facebook then sent me some messages trying to ask me out (but not to directly) and gave me his phone number. The most I have said to this guy is "peace." He likes to talk to my dad, though. He was his Sunday school teacher one year. Come to think of it I think his dad was my Sunday school teacher one year, too. His family sits two rows in-front of mine.

I'm always awkward with this kid of thing.
On Mon Jun 25, 2012 05:27 AM
Books read so far:
1. Explosive Eighteen
2. It
3. Bloodlines
4. Out of Oz
5. Inheritance
6. Dexter in the Dark
7. The Wind Through the Keyhole
8. 11/22/63
9. Fifty Shades of Grey
10. Fifty Shades Darker
11. Fifty Shades Freed
On Tue Jul 03, 2012 02:53 AM
I applied for the police academy. I hope I get invited for the initial testing.
On Wed Jul 04, 2012 05:03 AM
I did get invited to test. I hope I'll be able to pass the physical test. I know I can pass the written one.
On Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:19 PM
Books read so far:
1. Explosive Eighteen
2. It
3. Bloodlines
4. Out of Oz
5. Inheritance
6. Dexter in the Dark
8. 11/22/63
9. Fifty Shades of Grey
10. Fifty Shades Darker
11. Fifty Shades Freed
12. Artemis Fowl: The Last Guardian
On Mon Jul 23, 2012 05:46 AM
Failed the physical test for the police academy. I can try again in October. In about a month I'm going to a dance audition, I hope it goes well.

I'm going to a critique session on Saturday. I'm looking forward to attending. I am a bit nervous about whether or not people will like my submission. I've been working on expanding a short story into a novel and what I submitted is the prologue and part of chapter one. It is the background information to set up the plot and give reason for why what happens etc. I have bits and pieces of six chapters, I took the short story and broke it up into sections and each section is a chapter. I need to expand these chapters into an acceptable length for a chapter. Then, after chapter six I need to add on.

I've been job hunting but I am being picky at the moment. I'm not going to apply for a crap job. I'm living rent free with my parents and I only have one bill and enough money (in my checking) for that bill for a few months. I'm not going to touch my savings unless it is an emergency.
On Sat Jul 28, 2012 05:50 AM
I just went through hell on another forum I frequent.

I made a statement on a thread. Someone told me I was ruining the thread, I told them to eff off (not my best moment). Other people disagreed with my statement. Argued me into a figurative corner where I was forced to explain myself better (they brought personal attacks into the equation). I had previously discussed this thread with my brother, I let him read it. He said they were all trolling and being stupid. He created an account to troll them and it quickly got banned. He created a second account that was also banned. Then a third, which is still active.

On another thread, about religion. I said any non-Catholic Christian is protestant. I was under the impression that we were talking about the western church so I didn't even think about or consider amending that statement to exclude the Eastern Orthodox Church. People told me I was wrong and that I was stupid etc. I clarified that I thought we were talking about the western church and I just forgot about Eastern Orthodox Church, for a moment. They continued to attack me. They kept quoting my original post and using that against me, saying I was wrong etc.

I reported them. The mod (there is only two) wasn't online (I was quite upset), so I messaged a mod that was on hiatus that I am friends with on facebook, to let her know what happened. She got on there are posted a message in the thread warning them to leave me alone.

The next day I discovered they split the religion thread and my post was the original post of the new thread created. I posted that I do not approve of the thread because it made me look like I made it unless you clicked on it and saw it was split. Someone was acting like I was dumb for saying that.

Later I saw a thread created just for the purpose of mocking me. They but in their signatures a 'meme' of me. An actual picture of my face with sayings like "Not Catholic? Protestant!" "You dare to disagree with me? "eff you! report" etc.

I ventured onto the site most of these people doing this originated from (the two site were trying to form a partnership). I saw one of the mods from "my" site talking about how many times I reported things and how many had no merit. There was a thread on there called "Funny Pictures of [my username]" where they were posting that meme and talking bad about me. I don't even have an account on that site!

The mods didn't do anything about the pictures.

My brother had been following this as it progressed. He got upset about it because they were calling him names too. He told out mom about it (I don't know why, I guess because he was pissed. I mean I'm 22 he's 24). She gave me talking to about what I should have done differently. She told me to close my account if I can. Email the admin and complain about the lack of any action being taken and threaten them with legal action if they do not remove any negative content about me from the site. I'm not going back so I did that to humor her (I know no legal action would do anything). But the main point was if any future employer finds those pictures, it might hurt my employment chances. I agree. It would be hard to find I think, but if I ever do anything "important" they could comeback to haunt me.
On Sat Aug 04, 2012 04:14 AM
Books read so far:
1. Explosive Eighteen
2. It
3. Bloodlines
4. Out of Oz
5. Inheritance
6. Dexter in the Dark
8. 11/22/63
9. Fifty Shades of Grey
10. Fifty Shades Darker
11. Fifty Shades Freed
13. Vamped
On Thu Aug 09, 2012 09:59 PM
I am getting so frustrated with this job hunt. I've applied at so many places and no one has called for an interview. I seriously need to get a job soon (though, I'm not going to get desperate and apply for crappy jobs until September). I do have an audition for a paying dance job coming up, but I doubt I'll get it.
On Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:33 PM
Books read so far:
1. Explosive Eighteen
2. It
3. Bloodlines
4. Out of Oz
5. Inheritance
6. Dexter in the Dark
8. 11/22/63
9. Fifty Shades of Grey
10. Fifty Shades Darker
11. Fifty Shades Freed
13. Vamped
14. Spellbent
On Tue Aug 14, 2012 07:24 PM
I have an interview on Friday! Its for a university law library, doing basically what I did for my work study in college. But, it pays about a dollar more an hour and I do have three years of experience. Though it is part time.
On Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:47 PM
The interview went very well, I think. I don't think I said anything stupid. :)
On Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:10 PM
Books read so far:
1. Explosive Eighteen
2. It
3. Bloodlines
4. Out of Oz
5. Inheritance
6. Dexter in the Dark
8. 11/22/63
9. Fifty Shades of Grey
10. Fifty Shades Darker
11. Fifty Shades Freed
13. Vamped
14. Spellbent
15. Shotgun Sorceress
On Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:55 PM
Edited by majere (186163) on 2012-08-18 22:59:00
I'm trying to not let this bother me but it's hard not to.

I posted a bit about it in this thread. About my ex.

I thought we agreed not to talk to each other for a while (at least a few months). The other day I get this text message:

"I know I am supposed to wait a couple of more months to try again. I just wanted to say that I missed you yesterday, my birthday, and I wish I could have talked to you. Brittany, I am sorry. I screwed up the perfect couple with thinking and I screwed up being friends with thinking about that."

I tried to ignore it. But I asked "what do you want?"

His response: "I want you. You have made it clear that those feelings you had for me are completely gone, but want to talk to you. Not about our past unless you feel some thing is unresolved, but asking about how each other are, general concern, stuff that is going on with each other. I know you think I freaked out last time we tried that kind of thing, but will try not too. Also, I had some things going on at the time."

I thought I should be honest about what I thought last time and said "I felt as though, even though you never said it, you wanted to get back together. That is not going to happen. The only way I would try is if we lived in the same place. I don't forsee that ever happening."

His response, "You are partly correct, I wish we could be together again. After all, we were both very happy, and I do regret the end. Having said, that the reason why I never said it is because I am if the same mind as you: the distance between us is too large. So, while I may have wanted it I would not have acted on it nor even suggested it."

I had nothing else to say, I mean what planet does he live on? I got these over the next few days, "?", "Soo...", "Hellooo?", then "I guess I will have to leave the matter unresolved for now okay."

That just pissed me off. I sent " Nothing is unresolved. The conversation is over."

He sent: "Wait, what? You never said anything. You never said yes or no to what I was saying I wanted. I have no idea how you feel."

Me, "You ended with a statement not a question."

Him, "Okay then. I never meant for you to get the implication I wanted to get back together because while we were great, I agree about the distance. Now about wanting to talk to you as a friend, in normal conversations concerning things like 'how are you' and what is going on in your life stuff, what say you?"

Me, " I thought we agreed to wait a few more months."

Him,"Urgh, okay. If that is what you want It is just hard knowing that I have to wait an arbitrary amount of time because I doubt things will change. I wish I could get over my feelings as quickly as you. Hopefully we will talk again. Having a good evening Brittany. I miss you."

My next response was a bad idea but he was really pissing me off. " Dumbass, just wait until you are over it. We can't be friends if there are still feelings."

Him, "Why not? If you know that I would not act on them what does it matter? Besides I have plenty of female friends I used to have feelings for then they faded as our friendship progressed. I don't understand how you can say you are completely over it but I guess everyone is different."

Me, "this conversation is over."

Him "Fine ass. Feel free to contact me when you stop getting pissed and annoyed at everything i do. I really don't get you anymore. I thought you were nice and what happened?"

he called me but blocked his number. I knew it was him and didn't answer.

Him,"Look, I will try to get over it in the coming months, in the meantime please try and get over what you have against me. I loved you. Goodbye."

Then he sent,"Okay, I will leave you alone. I just thought I deserved better than this shit from you."

Me, "oh, I have nothing against you. Just stop acting like a butt hole and bothering me all of the time. You were the same way when we were together."

Him,"You have not said a nice thing to me since I finally got to talking to you again. I really want to respond to that last bit but will not."

Then he sent, " Never mind. Maybe it just seems like you dislike me intensely. You know I hate bothering or angering or annoying people so I will just say that I will stop acting "dense" Still talk in a few months?"

And to that I didn't respond. I have such a short temper, it's hard not to send anything else. I really don't know what world he lives in but we were not the perfect couple. We weren't both very happy. I was perfectly civil to him until this set of messages.

EDIT: OMG, he just sent me "please? :)"

Seriously! The nerve.
By Tansey
On Sun Aug 19, 2012 08:30 AM
Edited by Tansey (209516) on 2012-08-19 08:34:58
Why not just block him? If you block him on your phone he can't call or text, at least from the number(s) you know, and if he finds another number to use, you can block that too. If you block him on Facebook he can't message you. If you decide after the next couple of months that you do want to attempt a friendship, you could always unblock and, if you feel an explanation is required, just say that since he was having trouble respecting the agreement you'd made, you'd done this to give you both the space you needed. His behavior makes it abundantly clear that he has no respect for the boundaries you set. He's not over you and can't really be a friend at this point.
On Sun Aug 19, 2012 03:25 PM
Tansey wrote:

Why not just block him? If you block him on your phone he can't call or text, at least from the number(s) you know, and if he finds another number to use, you can block that too. If you block him on Facebook he can't message you. If you decide after the next couple of months that you do want to attempt a friendship, you could always unblock and, if you feel an explanation is required, just say that since he was having trouble respecting the agreement you'd made, you'd done this to give you both the space you needed. His behavior makes it abundantly clear that he has no respect for the boundaries you set. He's not over you and can't really be a friend at this point.

Thank you. :)

I've been trying to figure out how to block a number. I don't think my service provider has that as an option. I downloaded an app that blocks texts and calls. So, hopefully that will work.
By ballerinatwirler
On Sun Aug 19, 2012 07:06 PM
I've blocked a number in the past but couldn't do it on my own so I had to call my cell provider.

I may have missed something but wasn't he the one who broke up with you because of his parents? I would tell him point blank that you deserve better than him and his drama.

Stay strong!
On Sun Aug 19, 2012 07:32 PM
ballerinatwirler wrote:

I've blocked a number in the past but couldn't do it on my own so I had to call my cell provider.

I may have missed something but wasn't he the one who broke up with you because of his parents? I would tell him point blank that you deserve better than him and his drama.

Stay strong!

Yup, same guy. I seriously don't know what world he's living on.
On Tue Aug 21, 2012 03:28 AM
Books read so far:
1. Explosive Eighteen
2. It
3. Bloodlines
4. Out of Oz
5. Inheritance
6. Dexter in the Dark
8. 11/22/63
9. Fifty Shades of Grey
10. Fifty Shades Darker
11. Fifty Shades Freed
13. Vamped
14. Spellbent
15. Shotgun Sorceress
16. Switchblade Goddess
On Sat Aug 25, 2012 09:56 PM
I just got back from an audition and I in shock over who they picked (not me). They picked people who were struggling in the technique section of the audition. People who couldn't do a six-step. Couldn't do a calypso. Couldn't even do a saut de chat.

They did not base that off of talent. They based that off of who looks best half naked.
On Fri Aug 31, 2012 09:57 PM
I have a job, and it has health insurance!!!! I'm so happy. They have to do a background check before I can start. It is a the public library, shelver/ circ clerk. 20 hrs a week.

I have a lead on a Zumba job too.
On Thu Sep 06, 2012 03:51 AM
I got that Zumba job I mentioned.

------

I and HATING facebook right now. Seeing people I don't even really like being more successful than me. Lots of people getting engaged. People getting pro-dancing jobs. Mostly pissed about the dance stuff.

But I got a good job, though I haven't started yet. I got a Zumba instructor job which pays more than average, though I haven't started that one yet either. I haven't put either of those on facebook yet, just waiting until I actually start.

Maybe next year...
On Sat Sep 15, 2012 01:59 AM
I am loving the library job. Everyone is super nice and I like all of them. I just finished training so, tomorrow I start for real.

I did my first class at the place for the Zumba job. It was so much fun. It's at a factory that bakes bread and the class is free to the employees. It smells great and the students already have great chemistry with each other. They looked like they were having fun and they were singing along to some of the songs :)

I surprisingly have an interview for a dance teaching job tomorrow. I sent my resume in during the summer. I did let her know that I am only available in the mornings and on Fridays and she still wanted to interview me! So, if I get hired for that it might put a cramp in my sleeping 'til noon everyday plan. But, that's okay because it's dance and it's money. We will see how that plays out.
On Mon Sep 17, 2012 05:57 AM
Books read so far:
1. Explosive Eighteen
2. It
3. Bloodlines
4. Out of Oz
5. Inheritance
6. Dexter in the Dark
8. 11/22/63