Ballet Photos - Misc
Broken Ballerinas
By cheer_dance Comments: 54, member since Thu Jul 08, 2004
On Wed Dec 21, 2011 05:12 AM

I also found a beer add with a dancer in a cast:

www.youtube.com . . .

10 Replies to Broken Ballerinas

re: Broken Ballerinas (karma: 2)
By Gioiamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 3024, member since Sun Jun 20, 2004
On Wed Dec 21, 2011 05:21 PM
I just want to reach through the screen and pull her leotard down over her bottom!
re: Broken Ballerinas
By Spookiesquemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 454, member since Mon Oct 13, 2008
On Wed Dec 21, 2011 06:24 PM
^Same here! Haha.
re: Broken Ballerinas (karma: 4)
By Sumayah Comments: 6875, member since Wed Nov 12, 2008
On Wed Dec 21, 2011 07:43 PM
Ooooooh-kay. Officially I'm creeped out. You've got some weird, fetish thing for injuries and dancers.

www.dance.net . . .
www.dance.net . . .
www.dance.net . . .

Aaaaaand you frequent the injuries board *a lot*. Just kind of a trend I've noticed with you. Won't lie, it's starting to wig me out a bit.
By Ms_A_Kitri Comments: 239, member since Fri Mar 25, 2011
On Wed Dec 21, 2011 08:17 PM
I'm sorry but what is the significance of this photo?
By mandakp Comments: 566, member since Fri Aug 05, 2011
On Wed Dec 21, 2011 09:13 PM
I don't get it...
By hummingbird Comments: 10412, member since Mon Apr 18, 2005
On Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:03 PM
From the way her back is placed I think that's just a model posing as a dancer, look at her Upper Thoracic and Cervical Spine, that's not a dancers spinal placement.

I also agree with you Sum, creepy or what!
By Gioiamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 3024, member since Sun Jun 20, 2004
On Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:45 PM
^ not to mention the supporting leg. And OOOO H that butt cheek, seriously. I am more creeped out than I was before!
By RosePremium member Comments: 9216, member since Sat Dec 30, 2006
On Thu Dec 22, 2011 03:15 AM
Hmm, first I thought '4 posts with injured dancers, so what'. But cheer_dance, you only have 54 comments here. And you created 12 threads, of which 8 are related to injuries.
That is a lot!

I say this in a friendly way: Most people don't talk about injuries that much, unless for a short time when they deal with them theirselves. On DDN we talk about a lot of things. How about trying the other boards, might not interest you from the start, but give yourself a chance. There is more in life than broken bones.
By SaidFish Comments: 67, member since Sat Nov 12, 2011
On Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:34 AM
Hi.

Nice picture:)
Cheer_dance,I see from your profile that you suffered from a foot injury during your time with ballet so maybe this is why you have several post on the topic?
Yes,many people may not talk about it,but I honestly find nothing wrong with your post:)Just because people do not talk about it does not mean that you should shy away from it.I really like this photo thanks for sharing.

Also,what I've just said is not suggesting that anything is wrong with what anyone else has said.I can see the concern with someone who appears obsessed with injuries..and I too wish I could pull the girls leo down or at least provide her with a skirt.

Happy Holidays!
By madseasonPremium member Comments: 1975, member since Wed Jan 04, 2006
On Wed Dec 28, 2011 06:02 PM
I just can't fathom why anyone would pose like that, cast or not. Her posture is not very 'danceresque' and the placement of her cast leg is very... odd.

ReplySendWatch