Forum: Music / Music & Songs

I need some classical music ideas
By Madalyne
On Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:46 AM

I'm auditioning for Juilliard and I'm not exactly sure what type of music they are going to prefer. I'm leaning towards some classical pieces. I'm going to be wearing pointe shoes and want it to be a neo-classical style. I love piano with slow violin. Not too much fast movement but I also don't want it to be too boring. Any ideas would be awesome!! Here's some that I found but I'm not too sure about yet: Tell me what you think! Thanks!

1.) www.youtube.com . . .

2.) www.youtube.com . . .

3.) www.youtube.com . . .

4.) www.youtube.com . . .

5.) www.youtube.com . . .

I also like the song Spiegel im Spiegel by Arvo Part: www.youtube.com . . .
but find it a little too slow. If you knkow any other songs from this artist please let me know.

THank you so much!

3 Replies to I need some classical music ideas

re: I need some classical music ideas
By Crazy_Clairemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sat Jan 14, 2012 01:08 PM
^ Yiruma is pretty good! I think there are some string covers of his songs too. www.youtube.com . . .

If you wanted something a little more modern you could try the Finnish Cello Metal band Apocalyptica. They're all highly skilled Cello players that studied at the Sibelius Academy in Finland and mix Metal and Classical. They have some slower songs too and have done some covers of Metallica songs on Cello. Worth checking out.

Farewell
www.youtube.com . . .

Beautiful
www.youtube.com . . .

Sacra
www.youtube.com . . .

Metallica Cover - Nothing Else Matters
www.youtube.com . . .

Metallica Cover - Fade To Black
www.youtube.com . . .

Claire.
re: I need some classical music ideas
By GetRhythmmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Tue Jan 17, 2012 08:12 AM
I've always loved the song used in this video:

It's 'Prelude' from "Cello Suite No. 1 in G Major" by Bach. This version is done on guitar by Sting.

Of the songs you posted, I'd go with #4. The first 3 are kinda sad, but I think #4 would make you stand out.

ReplySendWatch