Forum: Folk / Belly Dance

Belly Dance
Hello, belly dancers!
By AnRinceoirRuamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 175, member since Mon Dec 20, 2010
On Sat Dec 31, 2011 01:17 AM

I'm mainly reside in the Irish dance section of this site, but I just discovered that there's a place for belly dancers as well. As a matter of fact, I have more experience with belly dancing. I took a Tribal Fusion intro class the summer before last and have been taking Shakti Tribal classes at my college since then. My school actually offers a 3 credit belly dance course in addition to 4 classes per week for everyone from beginners to very advanced dancers. How cool is that?!

Anyway, I'm just introducing myself... so glad I found you all. :)

5 Replies to Hello, belly dancers!

re: Hello, belly dancers!
By Celebrianmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 7921, member since Thu Mar 31, 2005
On Sun Jan 01, 2012 04:04 PM
^Very cool!

This year I'm hoping to get a troupe started where I live. I figured I'd 'scout' in the springtime.
By baladibabe Comments: 42, member since Sat Feb 04, 2012
On Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:11 AM
Hello, fellow belly dancers! I think it's great that it's now possible to study for credit - that totally RAKS, if you'll forgive the pun!

I was introduced to belly dance when =I= was in college (a LOOOOONG time ago!), and fell in love with it immediately. I had some great teachers after college in Boston, at the studio of Sudannah Odalysque near Porter Square. Ages ago . . .

So nice to see the appeal of the dance continues unabated. Keep on shimmying!
By DeeGee Comments: 12, member since Sun Feb 19, 2012
On Fri Mar 23, 2012 06:39 PM
Me too, but old school Belly dance circa 1980's ish:) Still love watching all the new stuff, and styles.
On Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:51 AM
I'm also a huge fan of Irish dance, and the costumes that go with it too....
On Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:59 AM
Good luck to all that are in year end dance shows, or any shows right now:)
Dee

(Rubylake/Etsy)

ReplySendWatch