Forum: Photos

How was your holiday?
By Dream_chaserPremium member
On Mon Jan 02, 2012 09:59 AM

I had a nice holiday. We spent Christmas Eve at my daughter's apartment (first photo is my daughter, me, hubby, granddaughter, second is my daughter, granddaughter and my daughter's, wonderful boyfriend).

Christmas Day was at our home, with my mom, sister, her hubby, my brother and my granddaughter. My daughter had to work.

The day after, I want to New York City, with my sister and her hubby. Mine stayed home with a bad cold. We went to see the tree at Rockefeller Center and the decorations at Lord and Taylor.

We had my husband's brother, and his wife, and older son, my husband's cousin and her hubby and youngest daughter, my daughter, her boyfriend and my granddaughter, my sister and her hubby and my friend and her hubby.

The ones who traveled far, stayed overnight. My brother/sister in law and nephew just left today (they live in Arlington, VA.)

Now I am wiped out. It was a lot of work and tiring but so much fun.

Here is a photo for you to enjoy...
Image hotlink - 'http://www.guy-sports.com/fun_pictures/new_year_diet.jpg'

6 Replies to How was your holiday?

re: How was your holiday?
By RosePremium member
On Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:33 AM
Good to see all your faces again. And Valya has grown so much! (I sound like my own old aunts who always said that to me). When will she be going to school?
On Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:19 PM
I know. I say that a lot about kids who are now grown or growing!

She goes to preschool now and will start kindergarten in September. She will be five in June. Yes, it goes WAY too fast!!
By NDow
On Mon Jan 02, 2012 01:04 PM
I love that cartoon, Dream_chaser! And I'm glad you enjoyed your holidays.

Mine were very nice. I envy you getting in to see the tree and the store windows. I did not make it this year. We did get to Brooklyn to see ABT's Nutcracker on New Year's Eve day. My opinions of same are included in missingcharmin's thread on the subject, which has been moved to "ballet."

Other than that, I spent time with family, both sides, and with former students who are in from college for their holiday breaks. I really enjoyed myself!

I am lamenting the return to classes tomorrow, but on the other hand, that means I'll be earning money again! I'll go with "glass half full!..."
By NDow
On Mon Jan 02, 2012 01:05 PM
^AND, oh yes, your pictures are GREAT!
On Mon Jan 02, 2012 01:17 PM
Yes, I teach tomorrow. Still contemplating getting out of my PJs (yes, still in them at 3pm) to go to the gym, but feeling soooo lazy!
By trfrancis
On Mon Jan 02, 2012 08:07 PM
Janet, I cannot believe Vayla is starting kindergarten in September. Time flies. Love the pics.

My holiday was great. I was so glad to have the whole week off to spend with Joseph, although he wore me out. LOL. He turned 22 months on New Year's Day. Hubby has been working a lot of hours - good for us, bad for the victims as he works for the local Coroner's Office.

Anyways, we hosted Christmas brunch at our house where we had Rasberry Sangria, and chicken and waffles. I included pics of the food. It was so much fun watching Joseph tear into his gifts b/c unlike last year, he is more aware of things this year. He would get so excited just looking at the lights and decorations -oohing and ahhing all the time and singing Christmas songs.

Now back to reality.

ReplySendWatch