Forum: Adults / Married Life

Page:
Page 2 of 21 2
re: Something only the person that loves you most would do...
By Rachel_Whomember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 1214, member since Fri Sep 23, 2005
On Fri Jan 06, 2012 03:20 PM
imadanseur wrote:

^Being a paramedic doesn't have anything to do with it. Love transcends all bounds. My husband hates throwing up and even hearing it makes him dry heave but he'd be right there with me if I needed him when I'm sick and has done so with his son.

Agreed!! I cannot stand vomiting (the sound, smell - YUCK!!), but when my other half is being sick I will be the first one next to him to rub his back and look after everything. I am sure he would do the same to me, but (thankfully) I haven't vomited since I was a child.
re: Something only the person that loves you most would do... (karma: 4)
By kandykanePremium member Comments: 16415, member since Mon May 01, 2006
On Fri Jan 06, 2012 09:33 PM
Sometimes the person who loves you the most is not your spouse. To me, that person has been my mother. I am fortunate and grateful and very rich to have had this woman for my mother. I cherish every year that she is still with me.

Her own mother died when she was a baby and she was raised by her grandmother, so having a mom was not something I ever took for granted, even if I had to share her with my many siblings. I knew that there were people without moms, including my own mom.

She has nursed me when I was sick, cleaned up my messes, bailed me out of trouble, cooked my favorite foods, taught me how to cook all of them including my great grandmother's secret recipes. She has shared treasured photos and heirlooms with me, taken trips with me, stood in for me for my kids, been all the grandmother they ever could have wanted (and me, too, considering I grew up without grandparents.) She has cheered for me, scolded me, given me rides, given me cars, taken me in, thrown me out, loaned me money, loaned me clothes, given me furniture, helped me learn to file my taxes. She taught me to walk and talk and dance, held me when I cried, took my picture when I smiled, stood by me when my relationships were strong or failing, was with me every minute when I gave birth both times. She's gone to bat for me many times and been my staunchest ally. She has been my role model of a strong woman, the kind I aspire to be. Countless times we have gotten our hair done together and gotten our nails done together. We now include my daughter for three generations of girl time. We even schedule our mammagrams for the same day, just to have an excuse to go shopping together.

And now, in her advancing years, I will have the opportunity to begin taking care of her, to prove just how much I love her and how much it has meant to me to have her in my life. I'm a lucky girl!

I should print this and give it to her, just to see her smile and cry. She would love it! :)

kk~
By Heartmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 15032, member since Thu Feb 14, 2002
On Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:25 PM
He encouraged me to go to the hospital when I needed to, and when I didn't have anyone else to turn to (including my family), he took me to the ER and sat with me for 12 hours until I was loaded up on an ambulance and shipped away to the clinic. He had work at 10am and the ambulance arrived at 8:3am. ♥
By Dancing_EMTmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 3466, member since Wed Dec 08, 2004
On Sat Jan 07, 2012 07:33 AM
My husband has also run out in the middle of the night to get my pain medication. He also sat with me in my therapy appointment went I told her something I had only told Trevor. He held my hand, had his arm around me through the entire appointment. He also didn't squabble while accompanying me to the gyn. I think he's a keeper. ;)
re: Something only the person that loves you most would do... (karma: 1)
By Celebrianmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 7921, member since Thu Mar 31, 2005
On Sat Jan 07, 2012 02:49 PM
Yuck factor alert!

After I'd had our son via C-section and went home I was terribly impacted. Husband gave me an enema, without complaint, and afterward stood outside the bathroom door asking, "Did you go yet? Are you okay?"
By PogMoGilliesmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 3157, member since Tue Apr 24, 2007
On Sat Jan 07, 2012 06:51 PM
Stood by me and supported me though labor, when I wanted to try without meds.
Rubbed my back, made me keep breathing, and remembered all the right questions to ask as everything went wrong with my birth plan.
By Louisemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 17315, member since Thu Jun 06, 2002
On Wed Jan 11, 2012 09:55 AM
Ooh ooh ooh I have a gross one as well woohoo!

Rather than doing surgery on me, they tried to aspirate my abscess and when that was too god-damn painful they stitched a drain into my upper leg. Without giving too much away it was VERY close to an exit-only part of the body, between the cheeks.

When I left they put a dressing on it and told me to come back immediately if it started to bleed or (my favourite word) "ooze". So I had Tim check my ass-crack every single day to make sure nothing was oozing. I actually wanted to see the scar once as well (both tipsy) so he took a picture of it on his phone for me to look at. Vile! :D
By pokomember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 9026, member since Sun Oct 31, 2004
On Sun Feb 19, 2012 05:26 AM
^ Now THAT, is love.
By mandakp Comments: 566, member since Fri Aug 05, 2011
On Sun Feb 19, 2012 03:22 PM
Well I certainly can't beat Louise's story...

I've had the flu for two weeks and he's been waiting on me hand and foot the whole time! He's gone and got me medication, magazines and flowers, given me neck rubs and cooked me breakfast and dinner, without complaining once!
Page:
Page 2 of 21 2

ReplySendWatch