Popular Irish

Auditions for Irish Dancers Celtic Fyre at Busch Gardens in Williamsburg, Virginia by paulrussell1
Auditions for Irish Dancers Celtic Fyre at Busch Gardens in Williamsburg, Virginia Applicants...

Forum: Highland / Highland - Competitions

Highland - Competitions
Hair question en>fr fr>en
By animal_mad Comments: 95, member since Tue Aug 16, 2011
On Sat Jan 07, 2012 07:23 AM
Edited by animal_mad (239428) on 2012-01-07 07:24:26

Hey DDNers :)
I have been doing comps for just under a year now and i am in novice with 2 stamps. my hair IS long enough to put in a bun but not long enough to put on top of my head. I was wondering for when i go into intermediate/premier and i'm doing the hornpipe are you aloud to have your hair in a ponytail for other dances or does it have to be in a bun.

A_M

4 Replies to Hair question

re: Hair question (karma: 1)  en>fr fr>en
By Ceilidh_DancePremium member Comments: 765, member since Wed Oct 13, 2004
On Sun Jan 08, 2012 08:32 PM
The general rule is that there should be no adornments in your hair (ribbons and bows etc) and that the hair should not be a distraction.

You do not have to have it in a bun but having a ponytail flopping back and forth could be distracting. If you have your hair in a ponytail, make sure that you keep it securely under your hat or pinned back somehow. A big, long pony swinging from side to side is not the best look to go for.
By CompactDiscomember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1063, member since Fri Aug 29, 2008
On Sun Jan 08, 2012 09:00 PM
Personally, what I do is I take my hair out of the bun right before the Hornpipe and just stuff it in my hat. My hat is tight enough on my head that my hair won't fall out at all. It's saved me a lot of trying to squish a bun into my hat.
By Cheesemoo Comments: 582, member since Mon Jun 23, 2008
On Sun Jan 08, 2012 09:56 PM
^Yeah, I do that too. It's a LOT more comfortable, and you can't tell at all that it's not a bun underneath.
re: Hair question en>fr fr>en
By animal_mad Comments: 95, member since Tue Aug 16, 2011
On Fri Jan 13, 2012 02:41 PM
okay thanks

Karama to cheesemoo,Compactdisco and Ceilidh Dance

A_M

ReplySendWatch