Forum: Advice / Cars & Driving

I got a new (to me) car! :D
By Reidfidleirmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Wed Jan 11, 2012 06:06 PM

Hi all

This is my new beauty. It is the same kind of car I had formerly. 2006 Lexus ES 330 Black Diamond edition. (I had a 1998 before that was dark red).

So far I am very very happy with it. It is the newest car I have ever owned. Before this, I had never owned a car less than 10 years old when I bought it.

It drives very nicely, and is so comfortable! *love*

Justine

5 Replies to I got a new (to me) car! :D

re: I got a new (to me) car! :D
By Chaconnemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Wed Jan 11, 2012 09:12 PM
Beautiful car! It looks like it was well kept. Lexus is the luxury car division of Toyota and mechanically they share many features. I'm a big fan of Toyota products and I've owned 13 of them counting the two my wife and I have at present. I hope you have as much satisfaction as I've had with mine. Their reliability is outstanding. We got over 100,000 miles on every one except the present two (which aren't that old yet...and we don't commute anymore either.) At least two had over 200,000 miles and the first one I had had over 300,000 miles (not by me though, I sold it to a friend when it had 175,000.)

Jon
By SaraTheGrouchmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Wed Jan 11, 2012 09:52 PM
Ohhh, it's purty! Enjoy it!

Sidenote: I'm currently looking at the IS250 for myself. I'm a truck girl through and through, so it'll be super hard for me to downgrade to a sedan, but I'm contemplating it due to gas mileage.
By Reidfidleirmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Jan 12, 2012 06:21 AM
Thanks so much for your nice replies. :) I've done quite a bit of research over the years and Toyota products seem to be some of the best. The 1998 I had before this I bought at 103k and I sold it to a long time family friend at 209,600 miles. I'm sure it will go another 100k! It still runs very well. Does need some paint though since Arizona sun brutalized and the toyotAs in those years didn't have great paint or clear coat.
This car i can see some faint scratches on the clear coat so I think I will act now before it gets worse and put a second coat of the clear on to protect it.
Sara- the is250 is a nice car. ComPact but nice. It's their sporty line. I've driven a couple as loaner cars. Their gas mileage is very similar to the larger es model. I got about 26-28 mpg when I drove them. Thats about what I get with the es with mostly highway driving. If you are used to good power on acceleration I would consider the is 300 or 350. ( numbers equal liter on engine 2.5 liter=is 250). I found my 1998 es quicker and more nimble than the 2010 is 250 I drove for two days.
Anyway just my two cents. Have fun car shopping.
By Tansey
On Thu Jan 12, 2012 07:10 AM
Edited by Tansey (209516) on 2012-01-12 07:11:26
Nice-looking car! I'm a big Toyota/Lexus fan. One of our 3 cars (I own my car and my kids' cars) is a 1999 Camry with over 250,000 miles on it. It's definitely had the lowest maintenance/repair costs of any vehicle we've ever owned. Two of my nieces also have '99 Camrys with over 200,000 miles on them.
Here's wishing you many happy and safe miles!
By RawwrrBekiiChampmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Jan 12, 2012 01:35 PM
Very very nice! :P And very shiny too! Enjoy it
Love Bekii xxxx

ReplySendWatch