Forum: Arts / Pets

Lost my Oliver :(
By OMGjaimyemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Fri Jan 13, 2012 06:22 PM
Edited by OMGjaimye (221447) on 2012-01-13 18:24:28

Yesterday afternoon, I lost my puppy. He accidentally got outside and went running towards the highway before we could catch him. He was hit and died pretty quickly. My roommate got to him first and by the time I got there, he had already passed. It was pretty gruesome, but he managed to stay all together in one piece. He was my first dog and I loved him so much. If anyone has advice on how to cope, I'd love to hear it. This hurts so bad, it's unbelievable.

I've included some pictures. He was a 1 year old Chihuahua.

9 Replies to Lost my Oliver :(

re: Lost my Oliver :(
By KaydeeJayde
On Fri Jan 13, 2012 06:34 PM
Oh my gosh, I am so so sorry for your loss.

The only advice I can give is to let yourself grieve. That's what my mum told me when I lost my ferret, even though he was an animal, it doesn't mean he was any less important. Cry, if you want to cry, do what you need to, and don't feel like you shouldn't grieve properly for an animal.

Again, I'm so sorry. Sending lots of hugs.
By sjerosemember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Fri Jan 13, 2012 07:06 PM
*HUGE HUGS*

I saw your post title and nearly started crying myself. We recently lost our guinea pig, also named Oliver, to jaw cancer in October. It was horrible to watch him suffer. I miss him every day.

Don't be afraid to grieve. It will take time, and will hurt every day, but you will grow to live with missing him. I know that sounds callous, but while I still miss my Ollie every day, I can carry on better than I did that first month or so.

When/if you're ready in the future, get another puppy, but don't rush yourself and don't let anyone try to tell you that another puppy will 'replace' Oliver. Nothing will replace his sweet memory, but when you're ready, you will be able to help the life of another puppy in need. We got another pig to keep our Herman company, and while we love Wilbur dearly, there's no way he'll ever replace the memory of our Oliver.

Again, huge hugs from me. I'm so sorry for your tragic loss. I don't know why the same name thing hit me as it did, but there you are. PM me if you need to chat.
By Odessamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Fri Jan 13, 2012 08:56 PM
Oh no, that's awful :(

Lots of hugs to you, I hope you feel better soon.

Erin.
::righteous babe::
By hummingbird
On Fri Jan 13, 2012 09:06 PM
Hugs to you, that's so sad.
By d4jmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Fri Jan 13, 2012 09:08 PM
I'm sorry. Big hugs!
By FunnyCloud
On Fri Jan 13, 2012 09:15 PM
I'm sorry-I've lost a couple of pets, and even though they were 'only animals', it hurt, a lot.

Pretty much what everyone else said-let yourself grieve, don't rush into buying another pet too soon. Have a funeral, if you haven't already.

((HUGS))
By schuhplattlerPremium member
On Sat Jan 14, 2012 06:34 AM
OMGjaimye, you need this thread:
www.dance.net . . .

Your holding a funeral was obviously your first step in getting over this.

My sister lost a dog the same way.
By DanceDynamicmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Mon Jan 30, 2012 02:40 PM
Awe, little Ollie-Pop, I'm SO sorry. I really can't advise you on how to get over it, because I don't think you ever get over it 100%. My friend who was taking care of our Pomerainian(Foxy)LOST her back in November, I still dream/think about her all the time. Losing a pet is like losing a family member. Just think about good times as best you can, don't focus on things like "Was I attentive enough." etc cause it jsut makes it hurt worse. Your Ollie obviously loved you a lot(By that picture.) I'm thinking of you, I know it's SO painful. Stay strong Momma, I'm thinking of you.

love,
DanceDynamic
By Cadbury_Eatermember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sat Feb 11, 2012 06:58 PM
*Hugs*

I've always been an utter wreck when one of my pets passed away. trust me that in time, you'll just be able to remember the good times with Ollie, and not be sobbing about his loss.

ReplySendWatch