Forum: Adults / Married Life

Married Life
New year, new attitude!
By PudgeBrother Comments: 5, member since Mon Jul 09, 2007
On Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:19 AM

Last year I had posted about my wife's unacceptamce of my desire to dance. Well I am happy to report that we have worked thru our problems. We had a long talk and cleared the air on a number of things.

She came clean on being jealous of the "fit ladies" in my class. This confirmed what I thought was the main issue. I've always been open and honest with her but at this moment it seemed to click. I sealed the deal by bringing her to observe a class. Seeing the workout involved and watching me give it my all finally made her feel secure about her husband wearing tights.

Now I'm not naive enough to think there won't be any more, shall we say, flare ups but this was a huge, huge change in attitude. I'm truly filled with joy and gratitude.

2 Replies to New year, new attitude!

re: New year, new attitude!
By Celebrianmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 7921, member since Thu Mar 31, 2005
On Mon Jan 16, 2012 06:08 PM
After your other post I wondered often how you two were doing. I'm so glad things are going a little bit more smoothly for you two. And I'm glad she told you the truth about the root of her problem with you going to class. Even when our fears are irrational our partner should know! Good for you guys having such good communication over a hot-button issue like this for you two.

Maybe after some time goes by she'll want to join you in class? (Unless it just really isn't her bag!)
re: New year, new attitude!
By Triskitmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 5126, member since Mon Jul 22, 2002
On Mon Jan 16, 2012 06:56 PM
This is such good news. So often these days you don't hear how people overcome their issues. It takes so much work, patience and understanding to solve relationship problems and it seems many people choose to give up instead. I'm happy you guys worked things out.

ReplySendWatch